Glazer apologizes to Kentucky....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can't even apologize correctly....I will give him credit, for his intent at an apology but my opinion hasn't changed.

I've got more important things to ponder, that wonder about Glazer.

Exactly how I feel. I don't think that apology is sincere in the least. He is just trying to generate publicity for his poorly written columns...

Like the guy in the Herald-Leader wrote yesterday, Glazer who? :sleep:

Here is what I read...

"Look, this is above you Kentuckian's heads, but when I was degrading your state, it was humor and it was funny. But since you can't get that, I guess I'll just say I'm sorry for offending you if it makes you feel better."

I thought it was VERY funny.

I guess, for some, the truth hurts.

Those same people probably never laugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a quote by pigman on the other thread about Glazer.

My dad retired from IBM and also built houses. He could sit down as he would say "figure you a set of plans" as good as anyone. He raised five children went to church and was a good man. He had an eighth grade education, and often mispoke and mispelled . The shame of it is he would be looked down on by some people on this board.

The problem in the orginal article is he never even hinted that he was joking at all. I also believe some of his remarks were made up and untrue. As for saying the truth hurts. He painted an inaccurate desciption of much of the state, but made it sound like all of Kentucky was the same. I do not think his apology was legit. I feel like he did it because of all the bad press he had gotten from it.

I thought it was VERY funny.

I guess, for some, the truth hurts.

Those same people probably never laugh.

:rolleyes: That's pretty ridiculous. That article couldn't have been more lame. It was weak at best.

And I wasn't offended as I don't fit any of the sophomoric stereotypes he used.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a quote by pigman on the other thread about Glazer.

My dad retired from IBM and also built houses. He could sit down as he would say "figure you a set of plans" as good as anyone. He raised five children went to church and was a good man. He had an eighth grade education, and often mispoke and mispelled . The shame of it is he would be looked down on by some people on this board.

The problem in the orginal article is he never even hinted that he was joking at all. I also believe some of his remarks were made up and untrue. As for saying the truth hurts. He painted an inaccurate desciption of much of the state, but made it sound like all of Kentucky was the same. I do not think his apology was legit. I feel like he did it because of all the bad press he had gotten from it.

Even if he wasn't joking. Relax, there are people here that speak with a Kentucky dialect (accent), if you will, who cares. Own it.

If you took offense, why? If you say he wasn't joking b/c he never said it. Where did he say that Kentuckians were dumb uneducated people?