Who was the greatest running back to ever play high school football in Kentucky?

Diogenes

Who was the greatest RB to ever play KY HS Football  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the greatest RB to ever play KY HS Football

• Douglas Beaumont
    • Victor Anderson
    • Tony Driver
    • Mark Higgs
    • Shaun Alexander
    • Paul Hornung
    • Derek Homer
    • Doug Howard
    • Don Gullett
    • Sonny Collins
    • Scott Russell
    • Arliss Beach

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Jones played for Danville from 1975-1977.

He was All-State in '76 & '77.

He was Parade All-American in '77.

Signed with Curci and UK and was the leading Freshman Rusher in the SEC in '79. Destroyed his knee the next year in about the 3rd game and never played another snap of football.

I don't know if he belongs on this list or not but he was a special RB for the Ads during Steele Harmon's tenure. His last 2 years the Ads finished 10-2 and 11-2 I think. Both times they lost heartbreakers in the Regional finals to Shelby County.

I was thinking of him also. UK fans had high hopes for this kid and it's a shame his injury kept us from seeing him reach his potential.

I've not herd Henry Parks from Harodsburg (late 70's) mention yet. From what I can remember he was a very special back that also went on to UK.

He was really good...Harrodsburg put out a ton of good running backs in the 70's and 80's. Donald Wayne Smith could easily be added to the list.

Admiral fans...Who was the running back you had in the early 80's? I think his name was Jimmy Baughman...is that correct? He was as good as a running back as I have ever seen. He may not have the big numbers but that guy was unbelievable.

Admiral fans...Who was the running back you had in the early 80's? I think his name was Jimmy Baughman...is that correct? He was as good as a running back as I have ever seen. He may not have the big numbers but that guy was unbelievable.

You are right, his name was Jimmy Baughman.

He was a four year starter for the Ads and had about 3,500 yards rushing I think. Won the AAA title his sophomore year on an unbeaten squad and led them his senior year to the AAA semi-finals. Three of those four years were out of the wishbone. He was smallish but strong and very fast/elusive. (Though bigger than Donnie Redd who helped us forget Jimmie a little too soon) Baughman had a scholly to Murray but threw it all away.

Are we voting for Shaun because he's an all-pro? To some that may be enough, but he wasn't always a professional. I remember Corey Taylor from Trinity showing off in the state final the same year Shaun was there. I'm not denying Shaun, obviously a great runner, but lets have some variety, this thread has become a bit drab!:D