Graves County 48 Fort Campbell 41

hop82

Graves County had a 40-21 lead but Fort Campbell rallied late to take a 41-40 advantage. Graves County returned the ensuing kickoff into Falcon territory and later scored the winning touchdown in their new stadium at the Jackson Purchase Alliance Bowl. Fort Campbell had a chance from the Eagle 32 yard line but an Eagle defender batted it down to ensure the win.

wow, I can't believe this. I left after the 3rd quarter when in was 40-21. Graves was whipping the falcons up front. Fort Campbell has multiple athletes and i'm not suprised they made a comeback. But I was really suprised the score ever got that bad in the first place. Look out Graves will have a big year!

Graves Co is a big and physical team...They outmanned Ft Campbell in the trenches, all night long... The McManus kid(RB) for Graves is a stud...Not real big, but built low to the ground and hits his holes with authority and is extremely hard to bring down..I was also impressed with #38, and #8, 2 other RBS who can flat out play...The QB throws a nice ball and they've got a couple of excellent receivers, who both have good size and athleticism..One has to be at least 6'4 to 6'5... IMO, Graves will be the team to beat in Rgn 1, 6A, from what I saw...They are supposed to have a very good defense, but, Ft Campbell was able to exploit there own speed and athleticism and made some big plays... The Falcons, themselves, are going to be a very good 2a team...They dress about 50-55 kids and have a stable of athletes...There passing game was pretty much ineffective except for some big 4th down plays in the 2nd half...What I like about them, was even when Graves was putting it on them, they never got rattled, played within themselves and had a confident air about them. They aren't a team I would want to get into a shootout with... If you're going to beat them, run the ball right at them and expose there undersized defensive line, because they're quick to the ball on any type sweep or outside play...On defense, make them pass to beat you...They did pass the ball quite abit, but, like I said, were relatively ineffective and a much better running team...They've got a couple of really nice looking RBS and there QB is not real quick, but, he plays smart and is deceptive with the ball and can make plays with his legs..