Lafayette 16 North Bullitt 6

nWo

It seems to me Lafayette is not that good in the trenches this year, especially on Offense. Is this true? This is just some info I have heard from parents on more than one occasion. Did this prevent Lafayette from getting in gear? Also I'm sure NB was a quality opponent and this had something to do with it.

The problems that Lafayette had tonight were penalties and dropped passes, although #40 had a nice catch on a 3rd down late in the game that ended up giving Lafayette good field position prior to kicking a FG that put them up 10. As fas the OL, Bunch wasn't really pressured that much tonight. Also, Cissell fumbled 4 times tonight and lost 3 of them and didn't play at all the last half of the 4th quarter. Reynolds was basically doing everything for NB.

Game could of been way out of reach but Lafayette contnued to get drive costing penalty's when entering North Bullit's territory. Lafayette's running game questions were answered with a junior named Darnell Burnside an absolute beast and yet another great running back in Lexington.

I hate to say this because it has been a sore point for time2punt but I've said all along that if you stop Cissell early he gives up on the game .. sounds like another case last night. From what my neighbor told me (who went to the game) it sounded like Reynolds did all he could, furthering my opinion that he, not Cissell, is the star of that team.

My friend went and he said the o-line was very good and there seemed to be little pressure on Bunch. Also the d-line gave reynolds trouble all day, making him leave the pocket. They seemed to be very deep at d-line to with atleast 9 people going in on a 3 person front

I believe since Reynolds is such a good runner, most of his passes are/were designed for him to throw on the run with sprint outs and boots. When he dropped back, he usually had time to throw as both teams dropped in coverage rather than blitz a lot.

I agree. Both lost to pretty good, higher class teams. North had a chance to take the lead in the fourth until the last of their many fumbles and East could have easily pulled out a victory except for a few plays. Its not like the Fairdale loss to Male, now that is a bad way to start.

Both should have bounce back games this week although BE's game is tougher.

I would like to see North and BE finish 1-2 in the district since neither of us have two district home games in the regular season.