Everything posted by payton
-
Halfway (for most) Point . . . Coach of the Year??
Not at Graves! He set the program back several years.
-
Dear KHSAA,
all the changes were a diversion to what the real problem is. the recruiting by public schools and those in the L'ville and Lexington area. say what you want but watch who wins year after year. the x's and t's of the state have the best facilities, best coaches, best fans, best support, and best RECRUITS that any one can ask for. players make plays and without the recruiting situation being resolved nor looking like it will for a while it really doesn't matter what is done, especially in 6A.
-
Graves County 36 Marshall County 34
Do you really think that Mayfield is better than MC, PT, and/or Ft. Campbell? Maybe competitive but I don't know about "tougher". They may play GC tougher b/c it is a rival game and all the hoopla that comes with it. I don't know that Mayfield is 3 and 0 playing GC's schedule but I guess we will find out Friday at about 9:30
-
Apollo vs. Madisonville predictions
This will be a very interesting game. I know the winner of the Marshall/Graves and winner of this game will be in the front seat while the losers are in the back. Both games should be solid.
-
Pick 10 Contest (Week #3)
5 Danville 3 John Hardin 3 Warren East 1 Clark 1 NCC 1 St X 1 Bullitt East 1 Campbell County 1 Woodford County 1 Owensboro Tiebreaker 44
-
Louisville Regional Contest (Week #3)
Male Holy Cross Manual St. X Bullitt East Tiebreaker - Holy Cross
-
Louisville Regional Contest (week #2)
7 Ballard 5 Manual 3 Western Hills 2 Shawnee 1 Waggoner tiebreaker - Manual
-
Pick 10 Contest (Week #2)
5-Covington Catholic 3-Lexington Christian 3-Bullitt East 1-Henry Clay 1-Oboro 1-South Laurel 1-Breathitt County 1-Pikeville 1-Lexington Catholic 1-Trotwood Madison Tiebreak - 41 pts
-
West Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #2)
7-Graves 5-Glasgow 3-Oboro 2-Madisonville 1-North Hopkins Tie - Graves
-
First Week Performers
Jordan McManus from Graves had a school record 266 yards on 19 carries and 3 TD's in a win versus Fort Campbell. He also became Graves County's all time leading rusher passing Bobby Davidson who played in the late 80's early 90's
-
Lafayette 16 North Bullitt 6
I guess the days of being ranked for NB are over. How good is Lafayette? Anyone at the game tell us how impressed you were with the Generals especially their linemen (they always have good skilled kids).
-
Pick 10 Contest (Week #1)
Belfry Btown Manual Lincoln County Beechwood Bowling Green Boone County Lafayette Campbell County Danville 31
-
Graves County/Trigg County Scrimmage
Anybody got news on this scrimmage game? Trigg normally gives it to GC pretty good but I haven't heard.
-
Henderson County 42 Warren Central 38
honestly I thought there was great "Irony" but I didn't mean anything negative. Your are definitely behind your team just as I am. Good luck to you and your team in preparation for next season. I'm sorry that we are going to miss you in the new classification regardless of what others say.
-
Henderson County 42 Warren Central 38
I'm just stating that WC missed some PAT's and didn't convert on another couple of 2 pt conversions?
-
Henderson County 42 Warren Central 38
i guess wc could have used a 2 point conversion or two in this one?
-
Warren Central 41 Graves Co. 17
I disagree with the scheme thing. I bet Central and/or Christian would be pretty good at running just about any offense on the planet. They are just that good of athletes. Since you are an obvious coach at WC would you feel comfortable fielding GC's team against WC's team? I think all your posts have been about getting heat off your staff (which probably includes you). I wouldn't nor would I bet that Coach Rogers would trade any of his EAGLES for any players. They play their guts out and He coaches his guts out!! Maybe that is a fault because coaching with that much emotion may occasionally get you in trouble. But I wouldn't trade for anything. I also saw him have his team take a knee against Mayfield on the 1yard line in his first year here when 5 to 8 thousand people in blue were screaming "score again" and "beat them as bad as you can". Good luck to you guys but I still think the 2 pt conversion (Ayers call or not) was 2nd class. If it was Ayers call maybe that tells us all what Coach Cox and his staff have taught the young man about class.
-
Warren Central 41 Graves Co. 17
I listened to Coach Rogers well last night on the radio. He said that in his opinion the WC coaches were responsible for the tough feelings after the 2 pt coversion and that he wasn't using his two timeouts so WC could nearly run out the clock. WC won the game with superior athletes but I would like to see the two programs trade talent and play. I bet the score would be 40 something to nothing at half and the need to run up the score would be impossible b/c Rogers would have his starters undressed in the fourth. How good would you feel as a WC fan (or coach which is what I think you are) if Ayers would have rolled his ankle or the "frustrated graves players" would have broken his leg as he attempted a meaningless 2 pt play. As far as suspensions, the graves coach said that there is some states that have policies/rules, that have been very controversal, implemented to keep programs from running the score up. I recall reading something in SI about it a few months ago, maybe PENN or Vermont. I got the impression that Rogers really respected Cox before the game b/c he has commented many times that WC plays hard and that Cox is so complimentary of his kid's play. Respect is a 2 way street.
-
Mayfield 56 Ballard Memorial 22
when you play who the cards have to play until the roll into Bardstown and/or Danville then why risk injury with your best players? The Cards were beating Ballard 49 to 0 at half without their best players getting any touches - sounds OK to me.
-
Graves Co. 21 Christian County 16
maybe whitaker should prepare for the team he is playing in round 1 and not who he played the week before and thought he would play next week. one word "film"!!!!!
-
Graves and Warren Central ?
ask mayfield fans if Andrew Sanderson can throw the BALL! 10 of 11 with 110 yards and 2 TD's in the first Half.
-
Graves Co. 28 Mayfield 0
how do you figure that mayfield outgained graves?
-
Bullitt East vs. Nelson County Week 1
Coach Bruner should worry about his coaches being loyal. Some of those guys were the gas on the fire last year.