Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Graves Co. 28 Mayfield 0

Featured Replies

Big win for Graves. Not only beating the Cards, but shutting them out. Impressive in my book.

6 turnovers for the red birds, Graves was very effective in all aspects coupled with the turnovers leading to a pretty convincing Graves win. On a side note, Mayfield picked this opportunity to introduce a new offensive no huddle scheme tonight that aided Graves far more than Mayfield who never gave up on their new look even after it was obvious that they were in big trouble. Congrats to a much better Graves Team

Why the switch in offensive philosophy?

I had a feeling about this one...good win for the Eagles. :ylsuper:

Well, I hate to admit, but Mayfield got it handed to them tonight. The cards looked pretty bad on their own and Graves made them look even worse. Mayfield's defense was bad, very bad and ill-prepared. Mayfield just struggled all night.

I'm sorry. I have to respond to those Mayfield fans who said winning the Mayfield game made Graves whole season. The game tonight is what should happen when a good 4A team plays a good 1A team. Now Graves will get ready for it's real season as they get ready for Regional play. Mayfield get ready to win your 1A games because that's your forte! If Graves is to focus on bigger things, Mayfield should not be the grand prize, and that was proven tonight. Best of luck to both teams in their respective divisions. Go Cardinals and Eagles!

I'm sorry. I have to respond to those Mayfield fans who said winning the Mayfield game made Graves whole season.

 

No one has said anything like that at all and to be sure of it I went back and reviewed the threads reguarding this game, you must be dreaming this stuff up, there is not a single posts that says anything even remotely like that by anyone

I have to admit I was impressed with Graves County especially on offense tonight as the Cardinals could not shut down Sanderson. He threw the ball alot better than I anticipated that he could. Talked to Coach Rogers after the game and he mentioned that he was saving the aerial assault for the Mayfield game if he could and give him and his coaching staff credit.

 

On a side note I am note a big fan of the new offensive scheme that Mayfield used tonight...I understand what they were trying to do, as they were wanting to force Graves County's hand on defense and call a play accordingly but it failed miserably. It took all the rhythm out of the offense far more than calling a play in the huddle and if need be have Shelton audible at the line. I think it took Adam out of his rhythm as well...but once again I give the credit to Graves County on a big win for that program and for their fans as they have the bragging rights for the next year. Would be nice to see both teams finish out the season strong and have home playoff games the first two weeks of the post season...but first Mayfield has to shore up its defense and protect the ball. Two wins they have one turnover...two losses...nine....you do the math on that one.

 

Congrats to the Eagles and good luck next week as they travel to Hancock County and here's hoping the Cards can bounce back and get back on track and get on a winning streak.

 

 

Hats off to the Eagles :thumb:

I'm sorry. I have to respond to those Mayfield fans who said winning the Mayfield game made Graves whole season. The game tonight is what should happen when a good 4A team plays a good 1A team. Now Graves will get ready for it's real season as they get ready for Regional play. Mayfield get ready to win your 1A games because that's your forte! If Graves is to focus on bigger things, Mayfield should not be the grand prize, and that was proven tonight. Best of luck to both teams in their respective divisions. Go Cardinals and Eagles!

 

 

I take it blaze may be referring to some of the Cards fans at the game tonight.

On a side note I am note a big fan of the new offensive scheme that Mayfield used tonight...I understand what they were trying to do, as they were wanting to force Graves County's hand on defense and call a play accordingly but it failed miserably. It took all the rhythm out of the offense far more than calling a play in the huddle and if need be have Shelton audible at the line. I think it took Adam out of his rhythm as well

 

 

I agree, our lack of defense is my biggest concern

sounded like the cardinals just never got their train on the track. turn it over 6 times, and no wonder, how you can outgain your opponent in total offence, but never find the end zone. Looks like graves is a little more diveresified than some thought.

  • Author

My thoughts on the game:

 

1) Graves is better than I thought. They aren't 1 dimentional and there line play in very good...They will contend with anyone in 4a, region 1, but, i still predict them to end up behind Christian, W.Central and possibly Marshall..

 

2) Mayfield's offense has been very good all year. They've moved the ball on everyone, until this game... If you're going to run a no huddle offense, you should at least run it where the d-line doesn't have time to kneel and take a breather between plays..sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it..secondly, shed the armbands...The offense wasn't broke, but, after this game, it looks like it is..

My thoughts on the game:

 

1) Graves is better than I thought. They aren't 1 dimentional and there line play in very good...They will contend with anyone in 4a, region 1, but, i still predict them to end up behind Christian, W.Central and possibly Marshall..

 

2) Mayfield's offense has been very good all year. They've moved the ball on everyone, until this game... If you're going to run a no huddle offense, you should at least run it where the d-line doesn't have time to kneel and take a breather between plays..sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it..secondly, shed the armbands...The offense wasn't broke, but, after this game, it looks like it is..

 

The coaches did a good job this week in practice and they can’t play the game for the kids. Lawson had a good game plan that worked on the running game of

Now for your #2 statement.

It was not a no huddle offense as say NCC. Mayfield was not trying to speed up the offense at all. They were getting to the line of scrimmage and once they did the coaches up top seen what defense that

 

GravesCounty was the better team last night and deserved to win. The

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.