Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Graves and Warren Central ?

Featured Replies

What about this game. Graves making some noise, but , this is their first serious match. 28 to 14 last year in play-offs. Hard fought game. Is this the year of the Eagle?

28-14 last year in the playoffs. It was also 39-6 at Graves. But this year has little to do with that.

 

I truly don't think Graves has the horses to do it. Typically their offense lacks the strength that is Central's greatest weakness on defense: passing. Conversely Central has been quite good against the run this year. Bowling Green and Manual had success, no one else has. The difference with those two teams? They passed.

 

WC by 14.

Graves has the ability to pass, but, they've been so successful running it, they haven't had to..W.Central is not as good as last year and Graves is better, therefore, it should be a very close game..I like Graves line play this year and will give them a slight edge, but, home field advantage could offset that...I'll take Graves 21-7

Graves has the ability to pass, but, they've been so successful running it, they haven't had to..
At times, they've thrown the ball fairly well, and at other times, they have thrown pretty poorly.

W.Central is not as good as last year and Graves is better, therefore, it should be a very close game..I like Graves line play this year and will give them a slight edge, but, home field advantage could offset that...I'll take Graves 21-7
I'll be surprised if Graves wins, much less by two touchdowns.

ask mayfield fans if Andrew Sanderson can throw the BALL! 10 of 11 with 110 yards and 2 TD's in the first Half.

ask mayfield fans if Andrew Sanderson can throw the BALL! 10 of 11 with 110 yards and 2 TD's in the first Half.
No offense to the Cardinals, but Warren Central is a bit ahead of Mayfield.

Graves County scored three touchdowns in their two games against Central last year. Two were via the pass. I'm not saying they CAN'T pass, just that it isn't their best thing. Their core is the rushing game, and against Central in both games last year they didn't have the most success. This year rushing defense for Central is a definite strength. To beat Central, Graves is going to have to go away from their core offense, and I just don't think they'll be able to win that way.

Graves got Mayfield on a night when the Cards just didn't show up. If Warren Central turns it over 6 times, Graves might beat them, too. I think Graves fairy tale is about to take a detour. Warren Central likely has better pass coverage, and Graves, IMO, only has an average running game, that looks really good against the sisters of the poor. Against better run defenses, it ain't much.

ask mayfield fans if Andrew Sanderson can throw the BALL! 10 of 11 with 110 yards and 2 TD's in the first Half.
And wasn't he something like 1 for 14 against Hancock County?

 

Bottom line ... the Eagles' passing game is inconsistent.

Warren Central 28-6.

No offense to the Cardinals, but Warren Central is a bit ahead of Mayfield.

 

They should be, they are 4A and Mayfield is 1A, but I don't think Mayfield would back down from the challenge. Has Warren Central ever played Mayfield? I would much rather play Warren Central than Union County myself.

I would much rather play Warren Central than Union County myself.
Huh?:confused:
No offense to the Cardinals, but Warren Central is a bit ahead of Mayfield.

 

Thats a matter of opinion..I'm sure they're deeper, as they should be, being a 4a school, but, not necessarily better...If they did play each other, I would bet it would be a pretty close game, like the Hopkinsville and Tilghman games are, every year...

Graves got Mayfield on a night when the Cards just didn't show up. If Warren Central turns it over 6 times, Graves might beat them, too. I think Graves fairy tale is about to take a detour. Warren Central likely has better pass coverage, and Graves, IMO, only has an average running game, that looks really good against the sisters of the poor. Against better run defenses, it ain't much.
I saw Paducah Tilghman play Warren Central and Graves County on back-to-back weekends. Graves' running game was much more effective against the Tornado than Warren Central's was. The Dragons beat Tilghman in the air and did most of their damage on the ground in the fourth quarter.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.