Georgetown Baseball 2008

Hilltopper2005

So is Slusher not going back this year? He was one of the Mid South's best pitchers prior to his injury last year. The pitching staff really took a hit losing Slusher, Compton and Apro, not to mention the other pitchers who quit during the season last year.

Maybe Slusher could have been one of the Mid South's best pitchers but he never made it to the conference part of the schedule . All the games he was involved in were very early non conference games. He told me that he was peaking at around 91 before the injury. So in one respect, you are right he was getting a very good start on being one of Mid South's best as he was throwing very well before he went down.

I cant speak for the Apro boys but I do know that Compton was very unhappy, but it was not all baseball related in his decision to leave Georgetown. He transferred to UK in large part because of what his major is.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its my understanding that Gtown brings in a lot of players every year. Many of them are not getting much, if any, money. Add in that he's very intense/demanding and I can see kids leaving.

I'm curious to see if he will continue recruiting Beechwood kids since the last 3 have quit/left the team.

That is true most freshmen are not getting much if any money, but the same holds true at Campbellsville, but you dont see the turnover rate there.

I like Hagan as a guy to talk to, but I can see where a lot of kids would have trouble adjusting to his style when they actually begin playing for him.

Maybe Slusher could have been one of the Mid South's best pitchers but he never made it to the conference part of the schedule . All the games he was involved in were very early non conference games. He told me that he was peaking at around 91 before the injury. So in one respect, you are right he was getting a very good start on being one of Mid South's best.

I cant speak for the Apro boys but I do know that Compton was very unhappy, but it was not all baseball related in his decision to leave Georgetown. He transferred to UK in large part because of what his major is.

As a Freshman Slusher was one of the Conference's best. His Sophomore year he did not last into Conference play.

Cumberland vs. Campbellsville is pretty intense.

I agree with that. I am just saying that overall, the intensity level is not what it is in high school. Iam sure that part of the reason is that you don't play as many different teams in college with the 3 and 4 game series, etc.

That is true, but there is actually more scholorships for NAIA schools than there are at NCAA D1 schools. Hagan does a good job of bringing kids in, but he may be losing kids because of unkept promises...I don't know, just assuming. On the other hand Coach Shelton has done a good job of bringing in great talent year after year and keeping them. Personally I believe that both of these coaches are great for the MSC and NAIA baseball.

Not really, I think it amounts to something like .3 of a scholarship. The one thing that may make it appear to be more is the cost of tuition is generally twice the amount or slightly better than twice the amount that most instate D1 schools charge, thus more dollars to utilize , but percentage wise towards covering the full costs of tuition, probably not any different.

I agree with you that Hagan is very good for the Mid-South but Shelton and Sanders are by far the class of the Mid South.

Slusher is not listed on the Georgetown website as being on the 2008 roster.

Just a question based on ignorance , could it possibly be because he is not rehabbed to the point of being able to play this year? I think he told me that he tore his labrum, correct me on that if wrong. What is the normal recovery rate and rehabilitation time for a torn labrum? I know players that have gone through it, but it seems to me that they were not fully ready to go after a year.

Just a question based on ignorance , could it possibly be because he is not rehabbed to the point of being able to play this year? I think he told me that he tore his labrum, correct me on that if wrong. What is the normal recovery rate and rehabilitation time for a torn labrum? I know players that have gone through it, but it seems to me that they were not fully ready to go after a year.
Can be well over a year, depending on severity, recovery and rehabilitation, coupled with 8-12 weeks of arm conditioning to pitch.

Can be well over a year, depending on severity, recovery and rehabilitation, coupled with 8-12 weeks of arm conditioning to pitch.

Kind of what I thought STRIKE. I have heard some people say that it is very similar, time wise, in recovering from Tommy John surgery.

Slusher, Sawyers and Moore, all formerly of Georgetown via Beechwood High School are all now at NKU. No official word on Slusher's physical status.

Are they playing baseball at NKU? I checked the NKU website and their roster is not updated. Losing Slusher is a huge loss for Georgetown. Both Sawyer and Moore were off the team before the Tournament last year. But, Slusher would have been counted on as their #1 had he recovered and stayed at Georgetown.