St. X Radio Broadcast:

Thanks to the announcers for the St. X games, the job they do and the professionalism they display in doing their jobs. The reason for my thread =>

Are there any plans to expand the Pre-Game broadcast and / or the Post-Game broadcast? I know we have a 10 - 15 minute pregame yet I think we could better serve our fans by expanding it to a full half hour prior to kick off. This would give us the opportunity to highlight the school, faculty, players and other sports. Not to mention a promo for the opponents....

What do you guys think??

That's sounds like a great idea. I listen to every game I can and the level of professionalism is there. I also would like a few more minutes at the end for more wrap up after the game. I do my part, listen to the sponsors and have made decisions on that as I looked around for services.

St.X broadcasts begin usually 25 minutes before kickoff. There is a taped interview with Coach Glaser in this pregame. For the opener on Friday, there will be a 1-hour pregame show to interview some sponsors and talk to others about the new stadium and facilities.

Also, all St. X games are webcast; just go to saintx.com on the night of the game and click on the link.

That was kinda my thought exactly.... Here some good news on the school, students, acedemics, other athletic teams, facualty etc. all while getting ready for some football. I think it would be appropriate, given a lot of the fans are going to be parked off campus, that a firework be shot off at 6:50 pm to let people know its time to head to the stadium. Just an idea that would creat a nice atmosphere.

Thanks to the announcers for the St. X games, the job they do and the professionalism they display in doing their jobs. The reason for my thread =>

Are there any plans to expand the Pre-Game broadcast and / or the Post-Game broadcast? I know we have a 10 - 15 minute pregame yet I think we could better serve our fans by expanding it to a full half hour prior to kick off. This would give us the opportunity to highlight the school, faculty, players and other sports. Not to mention a promo for the opponents....

What do you guys think??

Most radio broadcast time is decided by the radio station along with whomever is broadcasting a game etc. The broadcast teams have to follow the schedule of what runs on their station. If there is programming that can't be tape delayed, moved, etc.. The broadcast team must start when the station says it's ok.

Obviously, there needs to be some scheduling and planning to pull this off. It can work out if the Radio crew choose to do so. Most radio stations love to sell air time....

I am only to going to laugh now! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: