Lawrence Co/Montgomery Co scrimmage

lchs32

Ok I was at the scrimmge today but I just wanted to see if anyone else had a view of what they saw.

LC and Montgomery played the 1st stringers until halftime and the halftime score was

MC 10

LC 7

3rd and 4th quarters which featured all the JV and Freshmen teams and LC dominated both quarters.

Boone Goldsmith threw 2 INT but made some good decision with the ball when he went through his reads. Coty Roberts scored on a 64 yard scamper for LC only touchdown before the half.

MC scored from about 9 yards out if I can remember correctly. Then got the ball about 2 series later and kicked a field goal. 10-7 MC lead at half and that was it for the Varsity. As I said earler, LC looked good on defense and showed signs of being able to score offensively.

Now on to Coal Grove and Good Luck to Montgomery the rest of the way!!

The varsity only played for two quarters and I think the score was 10 - 7 Montgomery . The JV and Freshman played for about two hours and looked really good . The big boys are steadily improving with the new offense. I thought LC lacked the intensity that they are going to need to play the teams that they have scheduled .But all in all I thought LC did a pretty good job . If they keep up the hard work I think they can have a very good season . Montgomery Co. has a very nice team they have plenty of kids out and they looked very well coached as did LC we have a lot of young talent and it seams they have bought into the program this year . Good luck to MC and we will welcome Coal Grove to the Dawg pound next week.

Ok I was at the scrimmge today but I just wanted to see if anyone else had a view of what they saw.

LC and Montgomery played the 1st stringers until halftime and the halftime score was

MC 10

LC 7

3rd and 4th quarters which featured all the JV and Freshmen teams and LC dominated both quarters.

Boone Goldsmith threw 2 INT but made some good decision with the ball when he went through his reads. Coty Roberts scored on a 64 yard scamper for LC only touchdown before the half.

MC scored from about 9 yards out if I can remember correctly. Then got the ball about 2 series later and kicked a field goal. 10-7 MC lead at half and that was it for the Varsity. As I said earler, LC looked good on defense and showed signs of being able to score offensively.

Now on to Coal Grove and Good Luck to Montgomery the rest of the way!!

Looks like we was on the same page :thumb:

Montgomery County is a team since, I saw them a few years ago at the Rec Bowl that LC played in, that I knew then had gotten a new coach and after talking to him I knew the program would turn around. Much like LC has with hiring of Goldsmith.

Congrats to LC on a good game and I am sure alot was learned from where they are and where they need to be by next Friday.

GO DAWGS!! BEAT COAL GROVE