What about two HS golf seasons?

Fall season is as is.

Spring season becomes a Ryder Cup type format for matches.

Each HS team has three two-person teams.

One team plays scramble format.

One team plays best ball format.

One team plays alternating shot format.

You win or lose a hole and go one up or one down and continue on with that scoring.

Fall season is as is.

Spring season becomes a Ryder Cup type format for matches.

Each HS team has three two-person teams.

One team plays scramble format.

One team plays best ball format.

One team plays alternating shot format.

You win or lose a hole and go one up or one down and continue on with that scoring.

Great idea, but it would never fly with the folks at the KHSAA office. One season is plenty in my opinion.

Baseball has fall ball and football has spring league, so I would like to see Golf get the same shake as the other sports. We should also be allowed to play spring league golf, the same time as football does, with each school getting 3 matches and a tourney or something like that! Seems like that would be fair to me, what do the rest of you think about it?

I think it would be an interesting concept, but maybe have tourneys only, similar to what the colleges do in the fall? It could be an opportunity for schools to use the tourney concept as a fund raiser as well?? As long as coaches don't penalize multi-sport kids for not participating, or use it to pressure kids into giving up baseball/track/etc.

I think it would be an interesting concept, but maybe have tourneys only, similar to what the colleges do in the fall? It could be an opportunity for schools to use the tourney concept as a fund raiser as well?? As long as coaches don't penalize multi-sport kids for not participating, or use it to pressure kids into giving up baseball/track/etc.

4-5 tournaments max they could play in for the spring. Maybe not even any state tournament, just allowing 6-8 weeks of Sat only tournaments. I could live with that. Not individual play as that it reserved for Fall but some different Ryder Cup play. Doubles competition similar to what tennis does.

I really wouldn't care how they let us play it, I would just like to get maybe the whole month of April to play. Whether it be Team matches, Tournaments, both, etc. Would be nice for the kids that are not doing anything else in the spring to be able to do something that is school involved. Helps keep them out of trouble. Would we have to bring something up like this in front of a policy board or how could we get some suggestions to the right people?

Baseball has fall ball and football has spring league, so I would like to see Golf get the same shake as the other sports. We should also be allowed to play spring league golf, the same time as football does, with each school getting 3 matches and a tourney or something like that! Seems like that would be fair to me, what do the rest of you think about it?

There is fall Baseball, but the high school coach’s are not allowed to give instructions or be associated with their team in any way. The fall leagues are either organized by baseball academies such as Champions Sports (out of Lexington) or individuals that just love the game and organize their own fall league for high school teams or individual players.

Maybe, high school golf could find a sponsor for the spring, like Pepsi is in the summer, or have the Pepsi tour start in April. Just a thought.

I agree with you 100%, I would like to see all non-revenue sports get the same shake as the revenue sports (football/basketball).