Homecoming....

It is no secret that most schools will schedule their homecoming against the "guaranteed win". Am I the only one that feels this is wrong and takes away from the event? Homecoming is for fun all week and anticipation for the HUGE hard hitting game on Friday! I understand coaches claiming players can't conentrate during the week with activities for homecoming but great athletes adjust.i just feel homecoming when the alumni are all present and 1-2 weeks of anticipation are packed into one night you should play your teams big rival. or atleast a competitive team. Its hardly worth it to wait all week to see the freshmen and JV play the second half. How does everyone else feel about this?

Supposedly, the CovCath/Beechwood game which will be played on a Friday night under the lights now is CCH's Sr night.

I will have to catch that one. The atmosphere was aweome enough at CCH playing on Saturdays. Imagine what a Friday night will bring!

It is no secret that most schools will schedule their homecoming against the "guaranteed win". Am I the only one that feels this is wrong and takes away from the event? Homecoming is for fun all week and anticipation for the HUGE hard hitting game on Friday! I understand coaches claiming players can't conentrate during the week with activities for homecoming but great athletes adjust.i just feel homecoming when the alumni are all present and 1-2 weeks of anticipation are packed into one night you should play your teams big rival. or atleast a competitive team. Its hardly worth it to wait all week to see the freshmen and JV play the second half. How does everyone else feel about this?

Not all schools schedule a HC game against the "guaranteed win". Some schools are locked into a date range because of other factors and often had to schedule a district rival as the homecoming game. Some schools that share fields can't have it on dates when they have to play on Saturday so they get locked into a game. Heck, it was discussed on here last year that NCC didn't even have a Home game on Homecoming. With the "new" schedules this year whereby district games are not "saved" to the end of the year I'm sure it will make for some different HC games this year.