What does it take to became a State Champ?

Pride

Loyalty

Discipline

Achievement

Great Coaching

Great Support

I've seen a lot of teams with these characteristics, but no talent watching during the first weekend in December

To win a Championship, you need to have some good players....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have witness 3 state Championships at Breathitt County and will say this our 1997 team maybe was as good team as any that won,so they are lots of things that really goes in to it to be State Championship winners....such as LUCK,but it all starts after kids play their last game of previous season..working in weight room and own their own time with out having to be told too work,getting in shape because you want to be the best and refuse too Loose,and then "FIND A WAY" to WIN.... thats when u can say you CAN win a State Championship...and it TAKES a TEAM.... not just one or two Guys... people that may make one or two TD in season has to be ready to step up and score when needed and then DEFENSE has to be there..and with Most teams that wins the old sayin is offence is fer show and Defense is fer DOUGH (CHAMPIONSHIPS) is about sa good as it gets....it does work as i said i have seen it 3 times... Go Bobcats...

Now lets not put it totally in the kids hands. There are some occasions where better coaching will beat more athletically gifted teams. Some high school coaches can inspire their young men and that is the "X" factor IMO. Jimmies and Joes will become much better when a solid "program" is in place too.

Back what it takes to be a State Champ......

Great Coach, Great Kids, and the support of the community IMO.

:thumb:

I think to win a state championship the players must be led by TEACHERS not SCREECHERS A teacher is one who mentors and models, a screecher is one who belittles and berates. There is entirely too much of the latter going on these days. If I did or said in my classroom what some of the coaches I've seen and heard do or say . . . I wouldn't have a job. In my opinion, a kid who thinks you hang the moon will put in anything it takes to get there in the end. If they don't think so, because of the words and actions they have received . . . there is not much left except going through the motions. Talent will take you a little ways but true caring and respect will carry you the distance.

I think to win a state championship the players must be led by TEACHERS not SCREECHERS A teacher is one who mentors and models, a screecher is one who belittles and berates. There is entirely too much of the latter going on these days. If I did or said in my classroom what some of the coaches I've seen and heard do or say . . . I wouldn't have a job. In my opinion, a kid who thinks you hang the moon will put in anything it takes to get there in the end. If they don't think so, because of the words and actions they have received . . . there is not much left except going through the motions. Talent will take you a little ways but true caring and respect will carry you the distance.

Sounds like good stuff here

This would make a great book. Take all the top programs in the state and write about the teams history with coach and player interviews asking the same questions of all teams. i think we would see the recurring theme over and over. Just a thought.