Aaron Stamm Best In 9th?

He doesn't get much recognition coaching at his small alma matter but has completely turned around the Ludlow Lady Panthers program. He has summer camps and spends a ton of time at Ludlows Elem and Middle school games. Here he sees his future. I'm sure not everyone will agree but you can't argue the 2 Conference banners he has hanging in the gym. How do you feel about coach Stamm?

Ill give you the fact that he has done a very good job since he has got there... But moving through the bottom of the region is totally different than competing with the big dogs of the region... Since he has got there they have not really played the top teams in the region, i know last year they did not play Boone, NDA, or NCC and only played HHS in the regionals... We will see how well he has his team prepared to play this year with what i believe will be a much tougher schedule...

I would have to put him behind Fookes with over 500 wins, Darpel, Walz, and McDonald!!!

Well everyone on here knows I am a Ludlow fan, and Coach Stamm is a GREAT coach with great assistants in Mike and Blake Clary. However I wouldn't say he is the best coach in the region YET. That would have to go to Fookes or Darpel right now for everything they have accomplished. But I think Stamm is definitely one of the top 5 coaches in the whole region and working his way up!!! :thumb:

Well everyone on here knows I am a Ludlow fan, and Coach Stamm is a GREAT coach with great assistants in Mike and Blake Clary. However I wouldn't say he is the best coach in the region YET. That would have to go to Fookes or Darpel right now for everything they have accomplished. But I think Stamm is definitely one of the top 5 coaches in the whole region and working his way up!!! :thumb:

1 regional title from the largest all girl private school outside of Louisville! So I do not know that she has accomplished all that much.

Fookes, Hill, and McDonald in that order. Stamm has turned the program around but lets see how he does with this years group minus Wooford.

1 regional title from the largest all girl private school outside of Louisville! So I do not know that she has accomplished all that much.

Fookes, Hill, and McDonald in that order. Stamm has turned the program around but lets see how he does with this years group minus Wooford.

Kassi was a great player, and it will be very hard for them to replace her. However this years Ludlow team should be better than last years. The post players inside have improved alot and so that will be their real strength this year. Their inside players will match up with anybodys in the region. During summer ball they were missing two starters and still did very well and beat most of the teams they played. And one of the starters they were missing was Brook Jones who most likely will be the starting pg this year. So the other girls during the summer all got some experience in handling from the point which will just make them all better for it now. This years Ludlow team will be better than last years team, and last years team was a really good team...

"1 regional title from the largest all girl private school outside of Louisville! So I do not know that she has accomplished all that much.

Fookes, Hill, and McDonald in that order. Stamm has turned the program around but lets see how he does with this years group minus Wooford."

Boy, I can't wait to hear what the Old guy has to say about the above comment. I think Ludlow has a great basketball program and that is due to the coaching staff that they have on board. I would love it if my daughter's team had coaches like Stamm and Clary. They may not be at the top of the list, but that sure does not make them bad coaches. I know my daughter would love to have them as her basketball coaches.

Just a thought on this matter of good coachs, as I "don't have a dog in this fight" as they say. However, I think you have to measure a coach's ability by wins, big time wins, wins against good teams, size of talent pool to choose from, and winning over a consistent number years. No questioning Fookes at Boone on these counts, but after her I think McDonald is a clearcut second at this time. Remember NCC is a Class A school, but play a BIG TIME schedule year in and year out, consistently win 20+ games, have won multiple Class A AND 9th region titles, beat big time programs around the state, and have done so for 10+ years. Can't ask much more than that.

I've been able to see first hand the tremendous commitment that Coach Stamm has given to Ludlow basketball. One thing that stands out in my mind is the importance he places on the elementary and middle school feeder programs. His efforts at creating a program that athletes can be proud to be a part of will ultimately encourage players to continue their high school basketball careers at Ludlow. This, of course, has not necessarily been the case in the past. Getting things done correctly in the feeder program is an investment that will be sure to pay off in the not so distant future.

In just a few short years, he, along with assistant coaches Mike and Blake Clary, have essentially turned the program around. I am convinced that two consecutive conference championships are just the beginning of Ludlow's future successes if Coach Stamm remains where he is at.

As far as being best in the region? Well, I'm sure that Coach Stamm, being the humble guy that he is, could never accept such a grand statement. However, I don't doubt that the accomplishments that he and his team have achieved over the past couple years will put him near the top. This upcoming season's schedule has been "toughened" up a bit. Playing well against these higher profile teams will serve to add credibility to the effectiveness of Coach Stamm's coaching abilities.

Given the fact that he is returning 4 of 5 starters, I am looking forward to seeing how things progress this season. Kassi Wofford was an impact player over the past couple years and her absence will most definitely be felt. Despite this, the girls were able to stay competitive during summer basketball, even without injured players B. Jones and A. Daugherty. Such competitive play, in light of injured starters, is another testament to Coach Stamm's abilities.

By the way, welcome to BGP Uncle Charlie!! :D

Just a thought on this matter of good coachs, as I "don't have a dog in this fight" as they say. However, I think you have to measure a coach's ability by wins, big time wins, wins against good teams, size of talent pool to choose from, and winning over a consistent number years. No questioning Fookes at Boone on these counts, but after her I think McDonald is a clearcut second at this time. Remember NCC is a Class A school, but play a BIG TIME schedule year in and year out, consistently win 20+ games, have won multiple Class A AND 9th region titles, beat big time programs around the state, and have done so for 10+ years. Can't ask much more than that.

:thumb: Couldnt of said it better myself!!!

Best in the 9th is possibly a stretch. But for where he's located and what he has to work with he is the best man for the job. He's a player favorite and all the girls love playing for him. Good luck to coach stamm this season hope its another banner year for the him and the panthers. :thumb: