Brandon Phillips' Comments....

How do you interpret them? What do you read between the lines?

“Jerry did the best he could do. We had a lot of veterans. If he had different guys in there, we’d have different results,'' he said. "We didn’t make any trades. We didn’t fire anybody but get him fired. It sucks.''

"But we had new guys come to the scene this year. He tried to adjust with the new guys this year, but it’s all about certain players. Ken Griffey and his home run chase, Josh Hamilton and his comeback season, everybody got caught up in that instead of winning.

"We’re happy for Josh, but we want to win. And the next thing you know, Homer Bailey’s up here. We’re a team, and everybody’s worried about three guys.”

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070702/SPT04/307020023/-1/NLETTER06

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new second favorite Red. :D

What I've said all along. Narron's a scapegoat....

They read the newspaper too much...

What I've said all along. Homer's not ready...

:p :p :p

I like it. It's about winning. Bring it on a daily basis or be prepared to be called out...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO CHANCE!

I'm just saying. This can have different outcomes in the dugout. Everytime an athlete comes out and says something about his teammates, it's going to have a negative outcome. I don't believe that BP was really wailing on these guys more than just stating the obviuos. He won't be well liked for a few days. He should expect that.

Whenever BP's current contract is up, he will be asking for A LOT of money and I don't know if the Reds would pay that much to one guy. Especially if they already have a large contract on their hands, Dunn.

I agree with what's already been said on here, nice to hear someone speak the truth about what's going on and not hold back. Of course BP is allowed to say that since he is producing on the team, imagine if Valentin or Ross made those comments. :lol:

Interesting stuff from CTR...

Talked to Johnny Narron he said, 'as far as I know, my postition hasn't changed.' Despite how close he is with his brother, Johnny wants to continue to work for and with the Reds.

Said Josh Hamilton: 'as long as I'm here, Johnny's going to be here'

First I think most people that know even a little about the game knew this team was not going too win this season. Now with this being said first I take it Mr. Phillips is a little jealous of two of his teammates.
I'll respectfully disagree, regarding being jealous. I believe like any true competitor, Phillips wants to win, first and foremost.

I believe he sees or perceives, that currently some are the focus and very little is being done, to make this franchise a winner. Just my thoughts.