Brandon Phillips' Comments....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

Really? When Barry Bonds wanted his personal trainer employed by the Giants he was arrogant, a malcontent, and unbelievably selfish. Just killed by folks, many on here.

How is this different? A full-time employee to keep him off of drugs...wow.

I'll respectfully disagree, regarding being jealous. I believe like any true competitor, Phillips wants to win, first and foremost.

I believe he sees or perceives, that currently some are the focus and very little is being done, to make this franchise a winner. Just my thoughts.

:thumb: :thumb:

I'll respectfully disagree, regarding being jealous. I believe like any true competitor, Phillips wants to win, first and foremost.

I believe he sees or perceives, that currently some are the focus and very little is being done, to make this franchise a winner. Just my thoughts.

Why isn't the best player on the team being talked about...

Changed that, it's rhetorical...

Why isn't the best player on the team being talked about?
The Reds marketing and promotion side, are lacking immensely in this area.

Phillips is going to be an outstanding MLB player. He can help on both sides of the ball, has an infectious smile and from a fans perspective, a guy you want to see succeed.

I would rather have a team full of Phillips, than 1-2 superstars, who can't communicate with their teammates.

Really? When Barry Bonds wanted his personal trainer employed by the Giants he was arrogant, a malcontent, and unbelievably selfish. Just killed by folks, many on here.

How is this different? A full-time employee to keep him off of drugs...wow.

Exhibit "B":

“But he’s a package deal with me. If I’m here, he’s here. And that’s not just for this year. That’s for a lot of years.”

Tell me again how this is different than Bonds wanting his own personal trainer employed by the Giants? Except, of course, that Bonds never actually failed a drug test and is destined for the Hall-of-Fame. You know, excusing those two things, how is this different?

Exhibit "B":

“But he’s a package deal with me. If I’m here, he’s here. And that’s not just for this year. That’s for a lot of years.”

Tell me again how this is different than Bonds wanting his own personal trainer employed by the Giants? Except, of course, that Bonds never actually failed a drug test and is destined for the Hall-of-Fame. You know, excusing those two things, how is this different?

Because the Giants have trainers. The Reds don't have another babysitter on payroll so it's a different situation...

:lol: Personally, it's because I dislike Bonds...I have no other explanation.

Exhibit "B":

Hobbs on BP's comments...

Here is exactly what Josh said:

"Honestly, I don’t look at it like that personally. As far as baseball in general, nothing is overshadowing the way we’re playing. I don’t even realize Griffey’s on a home run race, that’s because I’m not focusing on those things. I focus on what I need to do, which is help the team win ballgames. My situation, my story, is the past. Certain people want to focus on these other things, they may need to check what they’re doing and what they’re performing for – if they’re performing for individual things or if they’re performing to get this team to win."

He also said "exactly" this:

“He was worried that he might be gone,” Hamilton said. “But he’s a package deal with me. If I’m here, he’s here. And that’s not just for this year. That’s for a lot of years.”

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070702/SPT04/307020024/-1/CINCI

I didn't spin the quote the first time, I gave it to you (pl) verbatim.

Listen, I like Hamilton and loathe Barry Bonds. However, it is just another example of how fickle this town is:

They will BOO THE DICKENS out of Bonds the next three nights, mainly because he ALLEGEDLY took steroids to improve his performance.

However, they LOVE a guy that spent four years (confirmed) taking enough illegal narcotics to kill himself.

I'll just never understand these things....

Listen, I like Hamilton and loathe Barry Bonds. However, it is just another example of how fickle this town is:

They will BOO THE DICKENS out of Bonds the next three nights, mainly because he ALLEGEDLY took steroids to improve his performance.

However, they LOVE a guy that spent four years (confirmed) taking enough illegal narcotics to kill himself.

We live in a bad sports town. Sad but true...

Good for Phillips. Maybe his comments will light a fire under some of the guys that are not giving their all. BP just might be the leader that this club needs. He is definately one of the better players in the league.I would have preferred him to make his comments in house but I suppose he did what he thought was necessary.

Hamilton spent his time in rehab, worked his butt off to get back into shape, and is a lot better person than Barry. I'll applaud that anytime.

I know people that have been in worse shape than Josh. They worked, and worked, and paid their dues. They are better people for it. We shouldn't down play anyone because they took drugs and have done what they needed to to get over the addiction. Until Josh falls off the wagon, I'll continue to root for this young man.