Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Reds trade Dunn for Lidge?

Featured Replies

Dunn is the modern day version of Dave Kingman.

 

He will hit 40 and drive in 100 and strike out (200).

Even with all the K's his value is very high right now.

Either trade him now or forever hold your peace.

I believe the Reds will stick with him.

If the right deal presents itself, I say, set the sails.

  • Replies 366
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunn is the modern day version of Dave Kingman.

 

He will hit 40 and drive in 100 and strike out (200).

.

 

Sure.

 

 

 

If you ignore the difference in OB%, walks, and runs he scores each year.

Dunn is the modern day version of Dave Kingman.

 

He will hit 40 and drive in 100 and strike out (200).

Even with all the K's his value is very high right now.

Either trade him now or forever hold your peace.

I believe the Reds will stick with him.

If the right deal presents itself, I say, set the sails.

 

Hey!! Reference number 875 on BGP to a 100% incorrect analogy. I love the critics that say in one breath he is a bum (aka, comparing him to Kingman) and in the next breath say he has value to other teams. Priceless.

The more and more I think about it, and the more and more I read some of the posts in this thread, it makes me think it's a REAL bad idea to trade Dunn...

The more and more I think about it, and the more and more I read some of the posts in this thread, it makes me think it's a REAL bad idea to trade Dunn...
It would be.....:thumb:
The more and more I think about it, and the more and more I read some of the posts in this thread, it makes me think it's a REAL bad idea to trade Dunn...

 

Welcome aboard Matey. :banana:

Hey!! Reference number 875 on BGP to a 100% incorrect analogy. I love the critics that say in one breath he is a bum (aka, comparing him to Kingman) and in the next breath say he has value to other teams. Priceless.

 

 

According to Baseball Prospectus King has very similiar numbers to Winfield. He wasn't flashy, but he produced some runs.

What about to the Yankees (Giambi's replacement) for a package that would include Jose Tabata? Would you do that?

 

 

How about Dunn for Hughes?

It was? I do remember posting once that a lot of his homers were hit in tight games. I don't remember though anyone "proving" that he was good in the clutch.

 

 

The post basically had his stats in the clutch at a similiar pace to his stats when it didn't matter.

Sold.

 

You would take a guy that isn't proven, but not a legit number one like Willis?

You would take a guy that isn't proven, but not a legit number one like Willis?

He's not a legit #1.

But Harang is?....or Hughes?

Would you rather have Harang or Willis? If we trade guys we need to get some guys with upset and small contracts not guys that are looking to get paid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.