Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Reds trade Dunn for Lidge?

Featured Replies

What I'm still trying to figure out, is this "Trade-Value".....It's amazing, to say he has trade value and will bring in this one/that one, pitcher here/there and will help the Reds roster and then, the next breathe he's not good enough and is the reason the Reds, are faltering.....Amazing.

 

 

Again, a point I've made on BGP 1,000 times. It is just stupid. It explains to you how many "fans" actually watch all of the games and form their own opinion and how many just listen to friends and talk radio and run with that as their own opinion. Sad really.

  • Replies 366
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did hear Lance make an interesting point (as I was gathering my Talking Points) that he doesn't think #44 is WK's type of player.

I did hear Lance make an interesting point (as I was gathering my Talking Points) that he doesn't think #44 is WK's type of player.

 

I can say this from first-hand conversations, he is Bob's favorite player on the Reds.

I can say this from first-hand conversations, he is Bob's favorite player on the Reds.

 

Name dropper!

Again, a point I've made on BGP 1,000 times. It is just stupid. It explains to you how many "fans" actually watch all of the games and form their own opinion and how many just listen to friends and talk radio and run with that as their own opinion. Sad really.
Combine that, with those who say "get this guy or that guy" and have never seen him play, or nothing about him.
Again, a point I've made on BGP 1,000 times. It is just stupid. It explains to you how many "fans" actually watch all of the games and form their own opinion and how many just listen to friends and talk radio and run with that as their own opinion. Sad really.

I get blasted for thinking this way... :walk:

I get blasted for thinking this way... :walk:
yeah, but you deserve it.....:lol:
yeah, but you deserve it.....:lol:

My delivery is a bit more harsh... :D

My delivery is a bit more harsh... :D
For what it's worth, I'm blunt also.

There are only a handful of people that I would consider trading Dunn for, one of them being my hometown boy Brandon Webb. I feel confident that the Reds will pick up the option on Dunn's contract for next year unless they are blown away with an offer for Dunn. I feel that Bruce is probably 2 years away, while Stubbs is at least 3. I see Griffey Jr. retiring after his contract runs out after the 2008 season. The Reds definitely need to keep a big bopper in the middle of the lineup, and I see Dunn as being the only option for that for the next 3 years.

Side-note:

 

How about Griffey to the Braves (a team that he has told ownership he would accept a trade to) straight up for Saltalamacchia?

 

Would anyone object to this? Besides (I'm assuming) Schuerzholz (sp?). :D

Side-note:

 

How about Griffey to the Braves (a team that he has told ownership he would accept a trade to) straight up for Saltalamacchia?

 

Would anyone object to this? Besides (I'm assuming) Schuerzholz (sp?). :D

 

 

The Braves already have McCann, so he might be available.

The Braves already have McCann, so he might be available.

 

Umm, thank you Captain. ;)

 

If you can get back to me with the color of the sky I'll be all set. :p :jump:

There are only a handful of people that I would consider trading Dunn for, one of them being my hometown boy Brandon Webb. I feel confident that the Reds will pick up the option on Dunn's contract for next year unless they are blown away with an offer for Dunn. I feel that Bruce is probably 2 years away, while Stubbs is at least 3. I see Griffey Jr. retiring after his contract runs out after the 2008 season. The Reds definitely need to keep a big bopper in the middle of the lineup, and I see Dunn as being the only option for that for the next 3 years.
Do you seriously think the Diamondbacks are stupid enough to give up Brandon Webb for Adam Dunn??

 

No way Is Dunn worth a #1 starter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.