Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Reds trade Dunn for Lidge?

Featured Replies

Do you seriously think the Diamondbacks are stupid enough to give up Brandon Webb for Adam Dunn??

 

No way Is Dunn worth a #1 starter.

 

 

 

No, I know they wouldn't, I was just saying that there aren't too many players that I would trade Dunn for.

  • Replies 366
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not great, however a change of scenery could be great for him, and get him back to being the great closer he was there for awhile. And well honestly even if he doesn't get back to as great as he was, he still would be better than ANYONE we have in the bullpen right now...

 

I would definitely take that trade....

I agree and have said that all along but the bottom line is you don't trade Dunn for a guy that might come around.

Again, a point I've made on BGP 1,000 times. It is just stupid. It explains to you how many "fans" actually watch all of the games and form their own opinion and how many just listen to friends and talk radio and run with that as their own opinion. Sad really.

 

 

Where do people say that? I'll admit I can't read all of the posts, but most I've seen on here say he does have value and that's why you trade him. I like Dunn, he's one of my favorites on the team. I get frustrated by him at times but I realize his numbers aren't being replaced by 1 guy. I wouldn't at all mind a trade though. He can't get $15M or more from the Reds to hit 6th IMO.

Side-note:

 

How about Griffey to the Braves (a team that he has told ownership he would accept a trade to) straight up for Saltalamacchia?

 

Would anyone object to this? Besides (I'm assuming) Schuerzholz (sp?). :D

 

I'm not a fan of Griffey 100% if the time either but I definitely wouldn't trade him for a deficiency disorder...:eek:

Hey!! Reference number 875 on BGP to a 100% incorrect analogy. I love the critics that say in one breath he is a bum (aka, comparing him to Kingman) and in the next breath say he has value to other teams. Priceless.

 

 

I never said I thought Kingman was a bum. :flame:

 

He could hit 40 and have 100 RBI's just like Dunn and have almost as many K's.:D

 

Dunn has a tremendous upside and the owners know this. So, if the Reds could make a package deal with the Astros that included Lidge, the trigger might get pulled.

 

Forgive me Obi-Wan if my opinion differs from yours. I too have always been an avid Reds' fan and have watched or listened to about 75% of the games each year since 1960. :thumb:

With Dan Wheeler blowing yet another save yesterday, Lidge may be inching back to being the 'Stros closer.

An article in Sports Illustrated last year was estimating about 20 years from now what the home run list would look like and Adam Dunn was in the top 5 with nearly 700 homers.

And no. 1 in k's

And no. 1 in k's

I'll take 1,200 K's for 700 Homeruns.

I'll take 1,200 K's for 700 Homeruns.

 

He will have that many strikeouts in the next 5 years.

So anyway Lidge was used as the closer 2 nights ago for the first time with a 1 run lead and gives up a bomb with 2 outs to tie the game. :D

Funny looking back. Anyone still think he's washed up?

LoL...Guess that's why there's no GM's on BGP.

 

I was all for the trade, if you look back …

I was all for the trade, if you look back …

 

Some were and some said Lidge was done or that the Reds wouldn't pay big money for a closer. I don't mind the position they're in right now though on the Dunn trade. They have a top notch closer and hopefully the parts of the actual Dunn trade will help out this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.