Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the Reds trade Dunn for Lidge?

Featured Replies

Would you rather have Harang or Willis? If we trade guys we need to get some guys with upset and small contracts not guys that are looking to get paid.

 

Willis in a heartbeat.....Why so when they realize their pontential they go sign with another team, because god knows the Reds won't pay them....and yes I know they just signed Harang and Arroyo to long-term deals, and both have been disappointing since.

  • Replies 366
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The post basically had his stats in the clutch at a similiar pace to his stats when it didn't matter.

 

Last year's stats? Are you saying he hit .230 or so in the clutch?

Last year's stats? Are you saying he hit .230 or so in the clutch?

 

 

That's good for the Reds....:lol:

Willis in a heartbeat.....Why so when they realize their pontential they go sign with another team, because god knows the Reds won't pay them....and yes I know they just signed Harang and Arroyo to long-term deals, and both have been disappointing since.

Aren't you proving my point. :lol:

How about Dunn for Hughes?

 

Strike3 is going to shoot me for saying this, but I think the Reds need a "potentially" GREAT right-handed hitting outfielder more than a starting pitcher at this point. Don't get me wrong, Hughes appears to be the real deal, and him in the 'Nati would be great, but a young RH OF phenom would really be a shot in the arm to a left-handed heavy OF.

 

Either way, I'm nearly 100% positive that Cashman has dialed up 1-513 more than once in the week since Giambi went down. :D :jump:

Strike3 is going to shoot me for saying this, but I think the Reds need a "potentially" GREAT right-handed hitting outfielder more than a starting pitcher at this point. Don't get me wrong, Hughes appears to be the real deal, and him in the 'Nati would be great, but a young RH OF phenom would really be a shot in the arm to a left-handed heavy OF.

 

 

 

 

How about that Pena guy that plays every now and then for the Red Sox? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Strike3 is going to shoot me for saying this, but I think the Reds need a "potentially" GREAT right-handed hitting outfielder more than a starting pitcher at this point. Don't get me wrong, Hughes appears to be the real deal, and him in the 'Nati would be great, but a young RH OF phenom would really be a shot in the arm to a left-handed heavy OF.

 

Either way, I'm nearly 100% positive that Cashman has dialed up 1-513 more than once in the week since Giambi went down. :D :jump:

I agree, on the need for a RH-OF hitter, in the lineup. It would help balance the lineup and not create matchup problems, with LHP.
How about that Pena guy that plays every now and then for the Red Sox? :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

You mean the guy that an ex-BGP'er once referred to as the "next Sammy Sosa?" That guy? No thanks, I'll pass. :p

You mean the guy that an ex-BGP'er once referred to as the "next Sammy Sosa?" That guy? No thanks, I'll pass. :p

 

 

Hey, he still has time to find the right "supplements".

How is that crazy. I would love to know his ERA in closing situations the last 2 years.

 

Not great, however a change of scenery could be great for him, and get him back to being the great closer he was there for awhile. And well honestly even if he doesn't get back to as great as he was, he still would be better than ANYONE we have in the bullpen right now...

 

I would definitely take that trade....

I have never seen the anti-Dunn sentiment as high as it is now.

I have never seen the anti-Dunn sentiment as high as it is now.

 

I like him, but I also understand his limitations and think he would be more valuable as trade bait.

I have never seen the anti-Dunn sentiment as high as it is now.

 

Agreed. Perception (and water cooler nonsense) has officially replaced reality in terms of #44. You watch Dunn leg out a double last night, on a ball cut off, and then scratch your head when a poster as knowledgable as "Nets" refers to him as "he is looking out of shape and a liability"; you just have to throw your hands up and give up. The guy isn't perfect, but if his strengths didn't far-outweigh his negatives he wouldn't have all of this "trade value" that everyone always talks about. Frustrating.

Agreed. Perception (and water cooler nonsense) has officially replaced reality in terms of #44. You watch Dunn leg out a double last night, on a ball cut off, and then scratch your head when a poster as knowledgable as "Nets" refers to him as "he is looking out of shape and a liability"; you just have to throw your hands up and give up. The guy isn't perfect, but if his strengths didn't far-outweigh his negatives he wouldn't have all of this "trade value" that everyone always talks about. Frustrating.
What I'm still trying to figure out, is this "Trade-Value".....It's amazing, to say he has trade value and will bring in this one/that one, pitcher here/there and will help the Reds roster and then, the next breathe he's not good enough and is the reason the Reds, are faltering.....Amazing.

 

I wonder if Dunn, ever played basketball for UK....:sssh:

I wonder if Dunn, ever played basketball for UK....:sssh:

 

I'm guessing UT football fans can give us a run for our money.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.