May 16, 200719 yr It's a great thing for UK...As a Duke fan, it would have been nice to have him in Durham. But, I honestly was torn before his decision, and if I were a UK fan my only concern would be loyalty to UK, and how much of a "me" guy Patterson appears to be. Regardless he will upgrade UK's frontcourt tremendously, and Billy G deserves some credit. What makes you think he's a "me" guy?
May 16, 200719 yr If not better, at least comparable to all but the Morris, Rondo class.... And since that class was better, that makes this a pretty easy call. Not true.:thumb:
May 16, 200719 yr It's a great thing for UK...As a Duke fan, it would have been nice to have him in Durham. But, I honestly was torn before his decision, and if I were a UK fan my only concern would be loyalty to UK, and how much of a "me" guy Patterson appears to be. Regardless he will upgrade UK's frontcourt tremendously, and Billy G deserves some credit. Quite possibly, but, I don't think so...Lets look at it for a moment...Heres the #2 PF in the country who basically spent his last year in HS in the shadow of his own teammate, getting little to no press at all. I can see where the overdue recognition would feel good. Also, look what everyone says about him...Banger, Blue Collar guy, fierce rebounder, etc and then comments like "His teammates didn't do much to get him the ball, but, he kept playing hard and aggressive and never complained".. To me, this doesn't sound like a "Me" type player....
May 16, 200719 yr It's a great thing for UK...As a Duke fan, it would have been nice to have him in Durham. But, I honestly was torn before his decision, and if I were a UK fan my only concern would be loyalty to UK, and how much of a "me" guy Patterson appears to be. Regardless he will upgrade UK's frontcourt tremendously, and Billy G deserves some credit. http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=208092 Good read...rebuts your assertion of a "me" attitude. In addition, he never onced moped or complained while OJ Mayo jacked up shots all season. The coaches he encountered in the all-star games loved his attitude and demeanor. The length of the recruitment my a little tiresome...but the kid from all accounts is a great kid and even better teammate.
May 16, 200719 yr He was going to UK before Tubby left. My sources rule... You were also the one for sure he wasn't coming after the Jai commit to UF... Go back and read your comments, but, I'm sure that was prior to your sources scoop...
May 16, 200719 yr Actually BG was 2 for 4. Hamga, Lucas, Patterson, and Legion are the only ones who were offered. .500 now, his avg keeps getting better as the thread goes on.
May 16, 200719 yr http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=208092 Good read...rebuts your assertion of a "me" attitude. In addition, he never onced moped or complained while OJ Mayo jacked up shots all season. The coaches he encountered in the all-star games loved his attitude and demeanor. The length of the recruitment my a little tiresome...but the kid from all accounts is a great kid and even better teammate. Hey, I wish him the very best. But all of us were cautiously optomistic about this young man.
May 16, 200719 yr You were also the one for sure he wasn't coming after the Jai commit to UF... Go back and read your comments, but, I'm sure that was prior to your sources scoop... It made sense for them to stay a package deal at first. But, as you mentioned, I got the word yesterday and it was right...
May 16, 200719 yr You could sense things really starting to change yesterday. Package deals are few and far between...more banter of a package deal was from the Lucas camp.
May 16, 200719 yr Great day to be a Kentucky fan. Unless he ends up sucking then it will be a bad day. But until, or even if, that day comes.... WOHOO! :ylsuper: :dancingpa :dancingpa
May 16, 200719 yr Bradley, Meeks, Legion, Stewart, Patterson. With this lineup UK could run with the ball all game long. I don't think that will be the lineup, but that would be the best in my opinion.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.