May 16, 200719 yr Little tidbit that I found quite amusing and very creative. Listening to Lance and a guy from Kentucky called in to talk about Patterson. Lance said something to the tune of "How happy are you?" assuming he was a UK fan. The guy ended up being a UC fan and he says..."I wonder what Gillispie is gonna do now. I think that put's them over their salary cap." Solid. As for a starting 5. I'll say: Bradley, Patterson, Crawford, Stevenson, Meeks?
May 16, 200719 yr I've given him a lot of crap, but after what I read over the past couple days realize I was wrong about him just wanting attention. I'm happy he's coming, but much more happy that the fiasco is over.
May 16, 200719 yr Starting 5 next year of Bradley, Meeks, Crawford, Patterson, and Carter/Stevenson, with Legion, Stewart, and Jasper coming off the bench.
May 16, 200719 yr I normally do not get to wrapped up in recruiting, just other important things to do and worry about..... What are the physical stats on the young man, height, weight etc. What are his strengths...? Will he qualify academically to play as a Freshman??? Hope he turns out to be a great player for the Cats......
May 16, 200719 yr The Billy G. era has started with a bang! Sit back and enjoy the ride Cats fans because it's going to be fun.
May 16, 200719 yr So, does Patterson start from Day 1? Anyone want to thow a depth chart out? Bradley Meeks Crawford Patterson Carter Jasper Legion Stewart Stevenson Williams Porter Coury Perry
May 16, 200719 yr ...who was a UK lock before Tubby was fired. Before Tubby LEFT. He wasn't fired... And things change when a coach leaves. BCG had to do a lot of work to get him back...what point are you trying to make by pointing out that he was a "lock"? :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa
May 16, 200719 yr "Insider" status. :lol: You can now use the term "My source tells me" as much as you want, and I'll fall for it hook, line and sinker...every time. That's going to be a lot of fun... :fire: :lol:
May 16, 200719 yr I'm just glad we set our program back 10-15 years... This was a huge signing for Gillispie and UK, IMO. It makes a statement that we're back in the recruiting game. Billy G came in and not only salvaged a class, but ended up with a pretty solid group...especially considering the short time he had to do it. The outlook for next season just got a little brighter. Obviously, how much brighter will depend a lot on just how good Patterson is, but there is no doubt that he's better than what we would have had, so he will boost our front line tremendously. More importanly, IMO, is this bodes well for the future. This should pave the way for UK to have a pretty successful season next year, which should make future recruiting success more likely. What Billy G has accomplished in this short time could cut down tremendously on the amount of time it will take to get UK back to the level that is expected. There is no guarantee that everything will work out, of course, but it's certainly looking good right now...at least, much better than we expected a month or so ago.
May 16, 200719 yr Doesn't Legion count in the win column? :lol: OK. 2-5. Hitting .400. Put him in the Hall Of Fame... :lol:
May 16, 200719 yr "Dear sweet baby infant Jesus, sitting in your crib, watching your Baby Einstein videos, thank you for Coach Gillispie and my smoking red hot wife."
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.