Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Johnson Central

Featured Replies

Is it true that Johnson Central backout of a chance to open against Lexington Catholic? Are they playing a team they know they can beat? I heard they now playing a team out of Ohio.

I'm sure somebody from Eagleville can confirm or deny this.

  • Replies 140
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that Johnson Central backout of a chance to open against Lexington Catholic? Are they playing a team they know they can beat? I heard they now playing a team out of Ohio.

 

I have heard that Johnson Central picked up South Point OH on its schedule this year for the Touchstone Energy Bowl the first week of the season. Whether or not this means they dropped Lex Cath and the Bluegrass Bowl I dont know. Is the Bluegrass Bowl being played on the first week of the season or second week?

Central had a two-year contract to play South Point (OH) in 2006 and 2007. Those two teams playing at JCHS last season.

 

South Point had been contemplating backing out of the contract, which was going to allow Central to play Lexington Catholic in the first week, but apparently South Point changed their minds and actually signed the contract, so the game appears to now be back on as originally contracted.

 

Not as quality a game as Catholic, I agree, but we're honoring the contract we originally signed. As it now stands, we have our four district games, Belfry, Conner, Paintsville, South Point, possibly Wheelersburg (OH), and still an opening for a tenth game.

I may be wrong, but didn't Johnson Central have a good season this past year, but no one gave them much respect because of their schedule? Wouldn't playing Catholic give them the respect of playing a championship program, plus give their players the statewide exposure. I would think a good football team would jump at that opportunity.

I may be wrong, but didn't Johnson Central have a good season this past year, but no one gave them much respect because of their schedule? Wouldn't playing Catholic give them the respect of playing a championship program, plus give their players the statewide exposure. I would think a good football team would jump at that opportunity.

Isn't Catholic doing the same thing that you just accused Johnson Central of doing? From what I've been told if Catholic couldn't get Johnson Central to play in this game that they would be playing Bishop Watterson,OH. I could see why Catholic would rather play Johnson Central. A wise old coach told me once that people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

 

In the game you need to drop the clueless act. I know that you know more than what your letting on so lets cut to the chase. It's funny thing to me that you broke the story on here about Lexington Catholic playing Johnson Central and then you're the first one to break the story about them not playing. We both know that there were some discussion between the two teams but nothing was final. The people at JC were suprised to see it printed in last Friday's Lexington Herald that the game was set. Sounds to me like Catholic jumped the gun a little. I'm not going to go into it all but Black Eagle's post sums up the entire situation. Maybe the two teams could hook up next season.

I heard that Henry Clay is a potential week 10 match-up. Trying to work-out a location...

Isn't Catholic doing the same thing that you just accused Johnson Central of doing? From what I've been told if Catholic couldn't get Johnson Central to play in this game that they would be playing Bishop Watterson,OH. I could see why Catholic would rather play Johnson Central. A wise old coach told me once that people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

 

In the game you need to drop the clueless act. I know that you know more than what your letting on so lets cut to the chase. It's funny thing to me that you broke the story on here about Lexington Catholic playing Johnson Central and then you're the first one to break the story about them not playing. We both know that there were some discussion between the two teams but nothing was final. The people at JC were suprised to see it printed in last Friday's Lexington Herald that the game was set. Sounds to me like Catholic jumped the gun a little. I'm not going to go into it all but Black Eagle's post sums up the entire situation. Maybe the two teams could hook up next season.

I'm not sure the situations are as comparable as you claim. For one thing, Lexington Catholic's schedule is pretty tough already, and I can't blame them for preferring to schedule a good in-state opponent for their bowl game.

 

On the other hand, Johnson Central needs a team like Lexington Catholic or Henry Clay to beef up their schedule.

I'm not sure the situations are as comparable as you claim. For one thing, Lexington Catholic's schedule is pretty tough already, and I can't blame them for preferring to schedule a good in-state opponent for their bowl game.

 

On the other hand, Johnson Central needs a team like Lexington Catholic or Henry Clay to beef up their schedule.

 

I agree! Lets see where we stand......... You can't win a state title playing weak teams. Play the best the state has to offer. Playing the really good teams builds character. Now I will say that at some point you go from building character to damaging morale if you getting beat often and badly.

I agree! Lets see where we stand......... You can't win a state title playing weak teams. Play the best the state has to offer. Playing the really good teams builds character. Now I will say that at some point you go from building character to damaging morale if you getting beat often and badly.

GoldenEagleFan, I think you are selling your team short. Also, playing good teams exposes weaknesses that you can work on and fix. If a team is dominating other teams then they can't find their weaknesses until it is too late. Also, I don't think losing several games early hurt teams like Covington Catholic or Newport Central Catholic last year. Didn't NCC lose 4 of their first 5 games and then win a state championship.

I can understand your point, but I personally believe had he not went down JC would have continued to pound the ball 4-5 yds a time and sustained 5-7 minute drives keeping Cov. Cath's offense off the field therefore keep their score lower than 38. But as you suggest its hard to know exactly how it would have played out.

 

Had Ashland not fumbled the ball late in the game it wouldnt have mattered, you wouldnt have been playing them anyway.

 

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas,

Yoter

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas,

Yoter

 

I just had to smile when I read this, remembering Hop.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas,

Yoter

 

 

Yoter - I like the new avatar. Congratulations!!

Had Ashland not fumbled the ball late in the game it wouldnt have mattered, you wouldnt have been playing them anyway.

 

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas,

Yoter

I agree, Ashland had the game in hand until a trick play and a fumble occurred.

GoldenEagleFan, I think you are selling your team short. Also, playing good teams exposes weaknesses that you can work on and fix. If a team is dominating other teams then they can't find their weaknesses until it is too late. Also, I don't think losing several games early hurt teams like Covington Catholic or Newport Central Catholic last year. Didn't NCC lose 4 of their first 5 games and then win a state championship.

 

I do agree with you to a point. I agree that playing good teams reveals your weaknesses and does give you a chance to fix it. It also forces you to step outside your comfort zone and open up your offense or try different things on D. Playing teams you dominate allows you to stick with what your comfortable with and makes you predictable. And you are correct that both Cov. Cath. and NCC had a handful of losses early and rebounded to win state championships. But you must remember that they have championship traditions and we're just now building one. A team that is only 3 years removed from 1 and 2 win seasons will have a more delicate psychy than one thats used to winning championships and can rebound from a loss easier because you expect to win. A team like JC might think, here we go again and give up. Now I don't think there's a single coach on that staff that would allow it, but kids are difficult to work with sometimes.

 

How many times have you witnessed great athletes struggle because of adversity.

Johnson Central had its Black Gold Scrimmage tonight to end Spring Practice. Anyone have any details about the scrimmage? Who can we expect to step up big and how have the holes left by graduation have been filled.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.