2007 Johnson Central

theguru

Sounds good, I am not a JC basher at all. I went to their playoff games rooting for them even against CovCath. I just tell what I saw at thats the best I can do. I wish JC the best and would love to see them make it to the carpet. Good Luck JC this fall.:thumb:

How about checking what QB has the all time record for most passing yards in a single game and you will find that he played for Coach Matney. If Coach feels like he has a passing team I am confident in his knowledge that he will pass. BTW, Sheldon Clark QB Jesse Watts passed for 651 yds. in a single game long before the Air Raid offense every hit KY.:thumb:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, I am not a JC basher at all. I went to their playoff games rooting for them even against CovCath. I just tell what I saw at thats the best I can do. I wish JC the best and would love to see them make it to the carpet. Good Luck JC this fall.:thumb:

Sorry if I came across as you being a JC basher cause I know that is not the case. I have read many of your posts and respect and enjoy your insights. I as well wish Lawrence Co. the best of luck, but we do agree that JC is going to have to be more balanced in order for them to achieve what this group of young men are capable of.

Sorry if I came across as you being a JC basher cause I know that is not the case. I have read many of your posts and respect and enjoy your insights. I as well wish Lawrence Co. the best of luck, but we do agree that JC is going to have to be more balanced in order for them to achieve what this group of young men are capable of.

Total agreement.:thumb:

I agree with C.H.E. I believe Coach Matney will use the passing attack if he needs it. JC rushed for over 4400 yards this year as a team. No one was really stopping us on the ground so there was no real need to throw the ball much. And in most of the games we had a nice margin of victory, so I don't think you throw the ball then because it gives the appearance your running up the score. In games when we needed it we used it. In the Ahland playoff game, Rockcastle and Cov. Cath. games we passed fairly effectively.

I do understand FKF's arguement about a more balanced attack and I do agree with it. Keep the other side guessing.

I agree with C.H.E. I believe Coach Matney will use the passing attack if he needs it. JC rushed for over 4400 yards this year as a team. No one was really stopping us on the ground so there was no real need to throw the ball much. And in most of the games we had a nice margin of victory, so I don't think you throw the ball then because it gives the appearance your running up the score. In games when we needed it we used it. In the Ahland playoff game, Rockcastle and Cov. Cath. games we passed fairly effectively.

I do understand FKF's arguement about a more balanced attack and I do agree with it. Keep the other side guessing.

:thumb: Exactly!! Keep the other team off balance and with all the talent that JC has they would be able to do anything they wanted offensively.

:thumb: Exactly!! Keep the other team off balance and with all the talent that JC has they would be able to do anything they wanted offensively.

Seems like they stayed one dimensional and did what they wanted to. I do think you need balance to advance completely through the playoffs, but without losing that absolute stud in the Cov Cath game, I think Johnson Central would have won the championship being one dimensional.

Seems like they stayed one dimensional and did what they wanted to. I do think you need balance to advance completely through the playoffs, but without losing that absolute stud in the Cov Cath game, I think Johnson Central would have won the championship being one dimensional.
One guy was worth 24+ points, in one half? CovCath beat the Eagles 38-14, blowing open what was a close game at the half.

One guy was worth 24+ points, in one half? CovCath beat the Eagles 38-14, blowing open what was a close game at the half.

Forgive me......haha. The "would" have in my post SHOULD have been a "could" have. Not that it was highly possible, but I think the game would have been closer.

Obviously no one player is worth 24 points, but the ball control and style of play calling that JC lost with that one player was worth 24 points. JC controlled the tempo of that game until Johnson went down and would not have allowed Cov. Cath to score 28 points in the 2nd half. It was when JC running attack lost one of its main backs that the wheels started to fall off the wagon so to speak. But ask any Cov. Cath supporter at that game, they had no answer for Johnson and had he not went down that game would have probably been no more than a TD difference.

Obviously no one player is worth 24 points, but the ball control and style of play calling that JC lost with that one player was worth 24 points. JC controlled the tempo of that game until Johnson went down and would not have allowed Cov. Cath to score 28 points in the 2nd half. It was when JC running attack lost one of its main backs that the wheels started to fall off the wagon so to speak. But ask any Cov. Cath supporter at that game, they had no answer for Johnson and had he not went down that game would have probably been no more than a TD difference.

Make no doubt, Johnson was a major part of this offense and this team but this might be a little bit of wishful thinking.

[/b]

Make no doubt, Johnson was a major part of this offense and this team but this might be a little bit of wishful thinking.

I can understand your point, but I personally believe had he not went down JC would have continued to pound the ball 4-5 yds a time and sustained 5-7 minute drives keeping Cov. Cath's offense off the field therefore keep their score lower than 38. But as you suggest its hard to know exactly how it would have played out.