New dollar coin

I understand 100%. It was a "I shouldn't post it but I have to" moment for me. I truly meant it as a light-hearted comment and in no way mean to offend anyone.

If it makes anyone feel better, I'm bald.:cool:

I was trying to find a way to state it, but didn't have the heart. But still worth a chuckle.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/index.cfm

The Presidential $1 Coin Program

The United States is honoring our Nation’s presidents by issuing $1 circulating coins featuring their images in the order that they served, beginning with Presidents Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Madison in 2007. The United States Mint will mint and issue four Presidential $1 Coins per year, and each will have a reverse design featuring a striking rendition of the Statue of Liberty. These coins will feature larger, more dramatic artwork, as well as edge-incused inscriptions of the year of minting or issuance, "E Pluribus Unum," "In God We Trust" and the mint mark. Although the size, weight and metal composition of the new Presidential $1 Coin will be identical to that of the Sacagawea Golden Dollar, there are several unique features that make this coin distinctive.

Presidents pic on front

coin.jpg

The Washington coin was suppossed to come out yesterday. The inscription on the edge is really neat.

"In God We Trust; All Others Pay Cash...."

The Washington coin was suppossed to come out yesterday. The inscription on the edge is really neat.
They did and were promptly scarfed up. I guy at my place of work tried to buy $1000 worth of them, but the bank would only allow 4 rolls per person ($100). I'm not a collector per say, but I got one of them and it's with my other "first issue" coins.

Similar look and feel to the pound coin in england, although a pound coin is much thicker. It unfortunately will not replace the paper dollar, but I hope it works out.