Who was the fastest Kentucky high school football player ever?

Diogenes

For me I can only go by who I have seen in person.

Justin Miller of Owensboro is the fastest football player I have seen. He was a big play threat every posession on both sides of the ball and special teams. No question in my mind he was the fastest.

John Logan of LexCath was unbelievably fast as well, but Logan had numerous shortcomings in other categories. Ben Revere has excellent high school speed but he isn't even the fastest in LexCath history, let alone the state.

David Jones of Belfry IMO may be the fastest player to ever come from a school East of I-75. Jones officially was timed in the Low 4.4's and also was once Laser timed at a 4.38. To get an idea of his speed look at the AA Championship vs. Owensboro Catholic when Jones who is completely away from the play chases down an O'Cath receiver after being about 25-30 yards behind him when the catch is made.

That Bryan Station team that set all the rushing records had a very fast QB, Haskins or Hoskins?

Jeremy Britt to me was more QUICK then FAST... he may very well be the quickest back I have ever seen.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Lario or however you spell it.... he played Db for Cov Cath in 02

John Logan for Lex Cath 03

Charles Shefield Lloyd 95

Jerry "Stretch Weaver Holmes 00

Shawn Robbin Bell County 04

Lamar Alston Paducah Tilman 04

Spillman PRP 04 kick return for louisville in the Rugters game

cant rem. any more

P.S. dont put Kremer from highlands anywhere on this list he wasnt even the fastest on his team or top 5 fastest on the 04 state champ team....

Did anyone ever play against any of these guys or did any of these guys even play high school football aorund the years of.....

1975 - James Triplett - Lou. Dupont Manual

1985 - Al Baker - Trigg County

1995 - Josh Ellis - Paducah Tilghman

2001 - Tyson Gay - Lexington Lafayette

2001 - Ben Kittleson - South Oldham

Ben played for Oldham Co he could fly

Mark Higgs and Vince Buck both from Owensboro same backfield same year both played in the NFL

Brandon Thomas (Breathitt County) is the fastest player I can recall seeing...not necessarily a great player, but he was pretty good and he could get up and down the field. He really helped Breathitt's '02 State Championship team because teams had to respect his speed...he stretched the field and opened it up for the other WR's, who were better football players than him, but didn't have the speed he did.

Somebody told me once that they clocked him at 4.37...I can't verify that and I usually don't put much stock in hearsay 40 times, but this is one time when I would say it's plausible. More likely, I would guess he may not have been quite that fast in reality, but I'd say he wasn't far off...and like I said, wouldn't be surprised if it was correct.

Jim Green, of Eminence, I believe, was a world-class sprinter in the 60s and 70s.

I think he played football in high school. He went to UK.

Has to be him. He missed the Olympics in the sprints because of a hamstring, otherwise would have qualified. A great guy, by the way.

Brad Tiller from Sheldon Clark transferred to Paintsville in the early to mid 90's could also fly! He was drafted by the Indians out of High School.

You beat me to it. Even tho he transfered from Paintsville to Sheldon Clark. That is where he graduated from. He was the fastest player in the Indians orginzation. He out ran Kenny Lofton three consecutive times durring Lofton's prime.