Who was the fastest Kentucky high school football player ever?

Diogenes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone ever play against any of these guys or did any of these guys even play high school football aorund the years of.....

1975 - James Triplett - Lou. Dupont Manual

1985 - Al Baker - Trigg County

1995 - Josh Ellis - Paducah Tilghman

2001 - Tyson Gay - Lexington Lafayette

2001 - Ben Kittleson - South Oldham

Some people may not remember these guys but I think they are certainly up there as being the fastest. They hail from the 93 Male championship team:

Chris Pointer (He was timed as 4.2 by UL his senior year. Once he got any open field he was GONE!!!

There was also Rondell Menendez the same year at Eastern HS.

And most people may not even know about this next kid: Brian Raspberry at Male in 93. Only played a few downs because he wasnt a real football player but a pure track star. But Redman gave him the ball a few times in games that were already decided and let me tell you....this kid could F-L-Y!!!! At that time, he was the only player to EVER run a 100 meter in less than 10 seconds. He ran for a 87 yard TD off a sweep play and just left everyone behind once he got to the corner. It was amazing what kind of speed he had.

I agree with Jim Green of Emminence Ky as the pure fastest, but I dont know that he distinguished himself on the football field although he did play. Went to UK on a track scholarship and distinguished himself as a world class sprinter.I believe he holds the Kentucky High School 100 yard dash record of 9.7 which I believe he ran more than a couple of times. He also holds the 440 yard dash record at 47.6. He was truly in a class of his own when it came to pure speed.

Some people may not remember these guys but I think they are certainly up there as being the fastest. They hail from the 93 Male championship team:

Chris Pointer (He was timed as 4.2 by UL his senior year. Once he got any open field he was GONE!!!

And most people may not even know about this next kid: Brian Raspberry at Male in 93. Only played a few downs because he wasnt a real football player but a pure track star. But Redman gave him the ball a few times in games that were already decided and let me tell you....this kid could F-L-Y!!!! At that time, he was the only player to EVER run a 100 meter in less than 10 seconds. He ran for a 87 yard TD off a sweep play and just left everyone behind once he got to the corner. It was amazing what kind of speed he had.

TigerDude13,

I also thought back to Chris Pointer and Brian Raspberry. I think Raspberry was faster than Pointer, but Pointer played all the time and Raspberry was only used sparingly as you indicated. These kind of threads are hard to resolve because they're based on opinions, but these were definitely two burners that came to mind from Male's football past when I saw this thread.

Brian never ran under 10 in the 100, bet that....AND Brian McDonald (unless something has changed in the last 4-5 years), had the fastest 40 time ever at Louisville, and it wasn't 4.2

Brian never ran under 10 in the 100, bet that....AND Brian McDonald (unless something has changed in the last 4-5 years), had the fastest 40 time ever at Louisville, and it wasn't 4.2

I didnt mean to imply that he ran at 4. anything AT Louisville, just that he was timed by UL who was also recruiting him to run track. (BTW, he later went on to star on Tennessee's track team at the time they were the cream of the crop in Track in college). And since Redman had (and still does) such close ties to UL, Redman asked them to come and time some of his kids to assist with putting out recruiting stats. They came out to do "official" 40 times & Brian was timed in the 40 at 4.18, 4.27 and 4.24 on three trials. I remember it well because I was there and I can still remember the look on Redman's face when he saw the results. Too bad he couldnt catch and hated contact, otherwise, who knows what he could have accomplished.

he was a pure track kid with no football skills at all. Almost like being 6 foot 8 and having no basketball skills.

And H, your right, Raspberry could blow by Pointer. But it was fun to watch them run relays together in track.