Who was the fastest Kentucky high school football player ever?

Diogenes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a Jamison kid that played football early in his career and then quit. I personally saw him run the 100 meter dash and he was very very fast. I later find out he had an uncle that play college ball and another reletive that played too. I asked one of the Somerset Coaches about why he wasn't playing football, they just said he didn't want to. I believe his 100 meter time was 10.5, isn't the world record just a shade and drug induced time just under 9.8

There was a Jamison kid that played football early in his career and then quit. I personally saw him run the 100 meter dash and he was very very fast. I later find out he had an uncle that play college ball and another reletive that played too. I asked one of the Somerset Coaches about why he wasn't playing football, they just said he didn't want to. I believe his 100 meter time was 10.5, isn't the world record just a shade and drug induced time just under 9.8

That man would be Ryan Jamison. He was a great athlete. He is part of the 1,000 point club in basketball. He went to Western to play baseball. He was a true talent. Wish we could have had him on the football field might have won a few more ball games that year.

Basketball is alot more fun than that hard sport of football. Why Did Cornett decide not to play his senior year? Maybe the football Coach was not as slick as the basketball coach? Maybe he wanted to play offense? Maybe Williamsburg was a basketball school back in the day?

Tell us Noles

From my years of seeing football, the fastest that I have seen with my two eyes was Rondell Menendez of Eastern High School, and Justin Miller of Owensboro.....he could fly. I read somewhere that Justin had a laser timed 4.38, 40 in high school, or early in college...he plays for the Jets now, and returned two kicks for TD's this past season...one was 103 yards.

Miller left Clemson with many records and top-10 school rankings. He had 13 interceptions for his three seasons, third in Clemson history behind College Football Hall of Fame Inductee Terry Kinard (17, 1978-82) and Fred Knoebel (15, 1950-52). Miller also ranks fourth in Clemson history in career passes defended with 44 on 13 interceptions and 31 passes broken up. Only Donnell Woolford (54), Robert O'Neal (49) and Kinard (47) have a higher figure in Clemson history. He is the school's career leader in kick returns for touchdowns with five and in kickoff return average. His 30.7-yard career average on 50 returns is the best in ACC history and the fourth best in NCAA history.

He finished with 169 tackles (134 solos), a sack, two stops behind the line of scrimmage and three forced fumbles. Miller gained 1,534 yards on 50 kickoff returns. Only Derrick Hamilton (1,552, 2001-03) gained more return yards in school annals. He also piled up 412 yards on 34 punt returns (12.1 avg.) and 94 yards on his 13 pass thefts.

Ryan Jamison was extremely fast but I believe the fastest time he ever had was around 10.8 or 10.9, which is still not too shabby. He played football in middle school and came out to play in passing league games some but never actually practiced or played with the team, but in the passing league games he did play in he definitely turned some heads with his speed, hands, and amazing jumping ability. If he would have played football all through high school I feel like he would have been close to the same level that John Cole is right now at Somerset.