Who was the fastest Kentucky high school football player ever?

Diogenes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba Timmy loved basketball. He was blessed with ability to play both sports. Football was his calling but basketball was his love. Bubba what are you doing on a football thread? Kids should play what they love but he had the ability to play an NFL corner. He also could have been a world class sprinter.

What's impressive about Al Baker is that he ran a 10.7 while packing 225 pounds. One of the best combos of size and speed I've ever seen play in high school.

Redd from Bardstown in the early 1990s comes to mind in the speed category as does Randy Wyatt (Tilghman) and Craig Yeast (Harrodsburg)

Craig Yeast was unbelievably fast. I don't know any numbers, but you knew when you were watching him that he had more football speed than anyone you had ever seen.

William Redd was clocked once at 4.27 wearing shoulder pads. It was a good clock.

Craig Yeast was unbelievably fast. I don't know any numbers, but you knew when you were watching him that he had more football speed than anyone you had ever seen.

William Redd was clocked once at 4.27 wearing shoulder pads. It was a good clock.

Never regained that speed after he got shot before his senior season. Definitely a great talent that never reached full potential because of off the field issues. Steven Railey and Maurice Maddox were also speedsters out of the Bardstown system.

^ I know this sounds weird, but there is a tremendous difference between speed and game speed.

Not weird at all, I know what you are talking about. I would venture to guess the top 10 sprinters ever probably had some guys that could get it on the field too though.

^ I know this sounds weird, but there is a tremendous difference between speed and game speed.

You couldn't be more correct, just look at SAlexander, not the fastest guy on the field but not many caught him from behind in HS, just the same at the college and pro level. Your boys on the other hand didn't let him get past the first level of defense.

One of the fastest I've ever played against was James "Purple" Hayes from Holmes. We played our homecoming against Holmes, James had 4 TDs, all over 50 yds, and he could have ran backwards and still had 2 or 3.