Who was the fastest Kentucky high school football player ever?

Diogenes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller's is a fantastic accomplishment, but I'm not sure how valid beating three guys in a single race (as shorts as a 40) is. It says in the article that Miller ran a 10.6 (I'm assuming in high school). Gay ran a 10.46 in high school. He has also run the World's 4th fastest time in the 200m (19.68) and the fourth fastest 100m (9.84). At the end of 2006, Gay was ranked by Track and Field News as the World's #1 200m runner and the #2 100m runner.

I would have to say that a young man from Lincoln Co. high shcool (Maurice Napier) is close to the top of this list.. 1999 was second to Tyson Gay in the 100 meter dash (1st place time 10.81, 2nd place time 10.96. 200 meter dash goes to Maurice Napier with a time of 21.73 and Tyson Gay second with a time of 21.73, photo finish.... I hope this put him in there as one of the fastest. Maurice went to college at KSU. and play football there.

John Logan was probably the fastest I saw play being teammates with him all four years of high school. I remember running an 80 yard sprint with him one year and being a good ten or so yards behind him it seemed at the end. He was legit 4.29 or so speed. If he caught the ball in any space then he was likely to take it to the yard.