Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 Cooper Jaguars

Featured Replies

11 hours ago, CoachMulvi said:

They will be battle tested come playoff time. That's for sure. 

I’m not familiar with Anderson Ohio coach. Can you tell me something about that program?

  • Replies 159
  • Views 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • uninformedexpert
    uninformedexpert

    No offense, but, while this is a nice message, we're going to need you to go out to the car and record this in a violently passionate way.  Production value matters here.  

  • Cooper could have put any kid on their team at RB in that State Championship and they still weren’t gonna win that game. That game was won and lost up front on both sides of the ball and Cooper w

  • uninformedexpert
    uninformedexpert

    I'm having a hard time filling in the gap between how mad this guy is and the high school career his son got to have.  Now, I know I'm posting this on a forum particularly devoted to NKY High School F

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

I’m not familiar with Anderson Ohio coach. Can you tell me something about that program?

From calpreps:

Playoffs (neutral field):
[2024] Anderson (Cincinnati, OH) 31 [2024] Bowling Green (KY) 27

Playoffs (neutral field):
[2024] Anderson (Cincinnati, OH) 38 [2024] Cooper (Union, KY) 28 

22 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

I’m not familiar with Anderson Ohio coach. Can you tell me something about that program?

Anderson was in the D2 state championship this past year in Ohio. Ohio's second largest division. They're a very good program just east of Cincinnati. 

 

They did just graduate their QB and a few others, but they have a bunch of very good players coming back. They run a fast paced, no-huddle attack. They beat South Oldham last year early in the season. The game was not close. I wanna say something in the neighborhood of 55-7. 

 

5 hours ago, Purple88 said:

I’m not familiar with Anderson Ohio coach. Can you tell me something about that program?

5 hours ago, theguru said:

From calpreps:

Playoffs (neutral field):
[2024] Anderson (Cincinnati, OH) 31 [2024] Bowling Green (KY) 27

Playoffs (neutral field):
[2024] Anderson (Cincinnati, OH) 38 [2024] Cooper (Union, KY) 28 

4 hours ago, CoachMulvi said:

Anderson was in the D2 state championship this past year in Ohio. Ohio's second largest division. They're a very good program just east of Cincinnati. 

 

They did just graduate their QB and a few others, but they have a bunch of very good players coming back. They run a fast paced, no-huddle attack. They beat South Oldham last year early in the season. The game was not close. I wanna say something in the neighborhood of 55-7. 

In 2019 Anderson beat Simon Kenton 44-16. Simon Kenton was ranked 4th in 6A football at the time.

Then in 2023 they beat South Oldham 44-15 and in 2024 they beat South Oldham 51-6.

9 hours ago, CoachMulvi said:

Anderson was in the D2 state championship this past year in Ohio. Ohio's second largest division. They're a very good program just east of Cincinnati. 

 

They did just graduate their QB and a few others, but they have a bunch of very good players coming back. They run a fast paced, no-huddle attack. They beat South Oldham last year early in the season. The game was not close. I wanna say something in the neighborhood of 55-7. 

 

Thank you Coach!  I'll be pulling for you guys to get your season kicked off well in this one!

Anderson is going to be a tough hill to climb for the '25 Jags.  Anderson's 2027 class has two high major recruits and because of that the Raptors have become a popular destination for tri-state kids.  No telling how much better the roster will be even over last year's D2 runner-up team. 

2 hours ago, James Graham said:

Anderson is going to be a tough hill to climb for the '25 Jags.  Anderson's 2027 class has two high major recruits and because of that the Raptors have become a popular destination for tri-state kids.  No telling how much better the roster will be even over last year's D2 runner-up team. 

I agree with you. While the 2025 Jags will still be talented, they lose the majority of their fire power. I don't see Cooper being quite as talented this coming season as 2024 (I don't think that is a stretch when you look at the senior class graduating), but Coach Borchers and that staff will have those kids ready to play and should be one of the favorites to win their region again. They have a nice nucleus of talent. 

Cooper Jaguar football parent Steve Stanton posted a fire and brimstone video critical of Coach Borchers on Facebook.  Mr. Stanton claims Coach Borchers mistreated his son, daddy ball is alive and well at Cooper and the daddy ball doesn't end, Coach Borchers has a personal agenda against his son, and that Coach Borchers' family harassed him/his family at the state championship game.  Stanton claims that Borchers said, I ain't gonna let his daddy be right, so Coach Borchers won't play his son on offense.  Mr. Stanton blames the state championship loss on Coach Borchers not playing his son at RB.  Mr. Stanton claims there are numerous complaints against Borchers that were all swept away.  Stanton claims he has gifted 40K to Cooper and that when he said he wasn't giving anymore money he claims that Borchers' "little short minion" called him and told him he was going to pay (give) 5K and he refused.  He claims they called back and said you have to give 1K because your name is on a board and Stanton said he gave the 1K.  Stanton also claims that Borchers claims Cooper lost because they got "out-athleted" in the finals.  Stanton claims he is going to drag Cooper student-athletes into court and mentioned five years for perjury.  Mr. Stanton says Coach Borchers is going to resign, leave that school and he will spend every dime he's got to make it happen.  For context, Stanton makes several references to his wealth throughout the video.  Stanton claims the other coaches on staff don't even like Coach Borchers.  Stanton also "warned" Coach Borchers that he better have managed all that money the right way.  Stanton says Borchers is going to court over this.  Stanton claims he has good lawyers and Borchers better lawyer up and the school (Cooper) better lawyer up too.  Finally Stanton said there is a judgment day for everyone and yours (Borchers) is coming. 

Here is a link to the video if anyone has a spare 27 minutes and 8 seconds.  I made time for it and I am glad I did, just wow everyone.

https://fb.watch/xyayqGbvvK/

stevestanton.jpg

This seems like a legit mess.  I watched it as well and it is ugly if even half of what He says is true…..or this could just be a Dad who is unhappy with His Son’s playing time over the course of His career and now just wants to rant.  Either way…..Wow!

It's always best to hear both sides to a story. There tends to be some truth from both sides.  Sounds like getting to the bottom of this saga could take awhile. I hate this for all parties involved.

WOW!!!  I so love his passion for his kid!

Sounds like this issue will have some legs...be interesting to see how this plays out.

Parents tend to see the field with their heart and not their eyes. If a coach tells you to train, do this, do that in the offseason and someone is still better than you, the better person plays. Saying his son was the “freakiest” kid on the field with the athletes on that team tells me most of what I need to know. 

28 minutes ago, BigTuna6 said:

Parents tend to see the field with their heart and not their eyes. If a coach tells you to train, do this, do that in the offseason and someone is still better than you, the better person plays. Saying his son was the “freakiest” kid on the field with the athletes on that team tells me most of what I need to know. 

The kid is an unreal athlete. Started as a Freshman. Senior year 6'2 190 pounds and very fast. Trained at ASAP for years then trained with Charles Johnson. There is all kinds of videos of him training. The kid is a unreal football player.

I guess my question after watching that whole video would be, What did the Coach do that would make this thing see the light of day in a courtroom?

I get the fact that the Coach is going to be drug thru the coals on this and it’s a PR nightmare but Mr Stanton kept referring to his legal counsel, etc etc. Like there is going to be a lawsuit against the Coach and the school.

Other than screwing the player over which unfortunately happens in High School sports, what illegal act did he or the school do?

Maybe I missed that part of the video.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.