Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 Cooper Jaguars

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, ChrisWright said:

For what it is worth, I feel very fortunate to have played for Coach Borchers when he was an assistant at Ludlow.  He is a good man that has taken the time to help mentor me at times over the last nearly two decades as an educator.

No offense, but, while this is a nice message, we're going to need you to go out to the car and record this in a violently passionate way.  Production value matters here.  

  • Replies 159
  • Views 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • uninformedexpert
    uninformedexpert

    No offense, but, while this is a nice message, we're going to need you to go out to the car and record this in a violently passionate way.  Production value matters here.  

  • Cooper could have put any kid on their team at RB in that State Championship and they still weren’t gonna win that game. That game was won and lost up front on both sides of the ball and Cooper w

  • uninformedexpert
    uninformedexpert

    I'm having a hard time filling in the gap between how mad this guy is and the high school career his son got to have.  Now, I know I'm posting this on a forum particularly devoted to NKY High School F

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, ChrisWright said:

For what it is worth, I feel very fortunate to have played for Coach Borchers when he was an assistant at Ludlow.  He is a good man that has taken the time to help mentor me at times over the last nearly two decades as an educator.

Same here!  I would say the majority of people who have played for him or even know him have nothing but positive things to say in regards to Borchers on how he does things as a coach, and just as a person. The ones that may not think that high of him are in the minority, but unfortunately they usually are the loudest people like in this case, which is a shame that it is that way. 

My take aways from this - 30 minute video so bare with me on the length of this post

1. Going to be hard to prove that the kid who was awarded the RB1 position didn't deserve it when he put up the great stats that he did and Cooper being as successful as they have been.

2. Cooper being stacked with enough talent to not have kids playing on both sides of the ball always makes sense from a stamina and injury prevention point of view. Majority of teams in the state would love to be able to do that and still be competive, and obviously Cooper was in the top tier of competitiveness.

3. I believe the getting some freshman varsity minutes so it makes it alot harder on them to transfer is a real thing, not just at Cooper. Heck I have to believe it Mr. Stanton said it's the gods honest truth.

4. If Borchers sold the young man a dream that he could tote the ball for Cooper if the young Stanton achieved the benchmarks that were set for him and the whole time Borchers knew he was never really going to award the kid the opportunity then that would be a tough pill to swallow for a parent and athlete when he did everything he was asked to do. Obviously the kids dream (or maybe his dads) was to run the ball for Cooper. If Borchers had told them that the kid was not going to be RB1, was he too worried that the kid would transfer and he would lose a stud defensive player, and possibly have to worry about facing him at another school in the district?  If so that's just wrong but I hope someone in that position of power would not do such a thing to a kid but I am sure it's been done before I am not blind to the fact that it happens. For myself personally I have never heard anyone say anything negative about Borchers character and I know quite a few people that would have spilled some beans if there was substance there (pretty sure Yamil Rondon's dad would probably say otherwise).

5. If the comment about "I will not let his daddy be right" is true, in my view that is unethical, sick, terrible and just plain....unethical sick and terrible. Does it mean he deserved the RB1 spot over the kid who had it, not neccessarily. At Stantons stature he could have played almost anywhere on the field on offense, which it sounds like he did at times. Apparently he did deserve some more touches on offense based off the dinner speech, because the guy said his stats which were very low offensive numbers and then tried to rectify the low offensive numbers by saying numbers don't matter but we're (or I am) rectifying RB1 being RB1 based off his great stats, so numbers do matter.

6. I think Mr. Stanton was sooooo upset that his son lost his love for the game because Mr. Stanton felt he played apart in it by pushing him too hard and that it really started to take a toll on Mr. Stanton so he was dealing with a ton of guilt there and doubting himself internally because even his own family was saying he was crazy. Then come to find out (way too late) that he actually may not have been crazy but that he actually helped his son as best as he possibly could to achieve his goal of RB1 but that it was robbed from his son due to things outside of his sons control. That would definitely make a parent go nuts if they thought they were doing the best thing possible for their child, then doubted themselves heavily, then found out after the fact they were right all along. That's a methed up situation, I mean messed up situation.

7. Good possibility Mr. Stanton might have gone a little overboard at some point during his sons highschool career trying to get the attention of the coach or let's say very very passionate about letting the coach know, he even says so himself that he was doing what he could to let them know they had a freak on their hands. But an overbearing father shouldn't make the coaches sell the kid short.

8. Speaking of selling, I want to know what they were "selling" Mr. Stanton on to make him donate or raise $40-50k?????? MY GOSH, what in the world??? Did he think he was buying his son that RB1 position? That's a huge sum of cash, "fist fulls of cash" to be funneling into a place that you think isn't treating your son right. Something don't add up right there and he said "it better add up right". Then after $40-50k the coaches were hounding him for another $5k for touchdowns???? What in the heaven is this $5k for touchdowns? I'm sure it's something positive but just curious. And this amount of money is just from one family, apparently insanely rich family as he describes it. I'm completely oblivious to large amounts of money like that being funneled into high schools from just family donations. My eyes are completely wide open now to wonder how some schools operate and how some will never stand the chance too. I mean it was always understood some schools had way more backing than others but geeez this really opened my nose to smell around my surroundings a whole lot more. If he was donating the money out of the goodness of his heart and towards the kids he loves then he shouldn't have any hard feelings there unless it comes out the money went elsewhere. Which I know Cooper keeps adding to their campus so I am sure the money can be accounted for.

9. If Mr. Stanton did ever need some money, which now we know he never ever will because he "doesn't even have to work" he should look into being a motivational speaker because this man had me ready to go jump off a bridge if that was the message he had been sending. Maybe a preacher because apparently he is good at getting people to donate money. Maybe he should just do it in the right place and right environment to give back to something he believes strongly in because he definitely has talent there. 

10. Absolutely admire the passion and love he has for his son. With a father having his sons back like that no wonder he raised such a tremendous child.

Kind of like the Ruthsatz ordeal, some people are in a position to express their feelings however they feel necessary and not really have to deal with the repercussions other people in different shoes would and Mr. Stanton let it be well known he isn't worried about anything, he is the Alpha. Right way or wrong way to get his message across I would sell my house if someone could convince him otherwise.

I was at Cooper this past year as a volunteer assistant coach. The picture being painted isn't an accurate one. Did the coach yell at times? Yes. Was it intended to break someone down and humiliate them? Absolutely not. Have I ever yelled at kids to get my point across? Yes. 

 

Coach Borchers, in my experience, cares about the kids he coaches. He certainly didn't treat Mason with the type of disdain that his dad portrays in my time there.  Mason was a team captain, a defensive and special teams animal. He was a leader, and a great kid. I will never speak ill of that young man. He was the type of kid you want on your team, no question. 

 

As a former head coach, I would never want this type of accusation being thrown around. Randy has been at Cooper for 17 years. It stands to reason that over those 17 years there are a group of people that have a strong dislike for the man. I was a head coach for 4 years and I know of at least 10 families that hate my guts because they thought their son was better than I allowed him to be. Its part of the gig. Every person that has ever been a head coach of any sport at the high school varsity level knows that. 

 

 

Also, if I had a dollar for every time a coach cussed me out I would be a really rich man. Almost as rich as Mr. Stanton but not quite. By learning how to deal with those encounters I definitely think it taught me how to deal with other encounters once I entered the real world at 18. This is a different day in age though. There's going to be a time not so far away where a certain type of coach is extinct and I don't think it's necessarily for the best.

Mr. Stanton posted another 22 minute video today.  There was basically zero of substance in it, just him ranting.  He did have a funny Ron Burgundy moment at about the 1020 mark:

"I just left the gym/steam room, done a few little curls, smacks his pec, that's all I do all day long, get my Starbucks, take my pretty wife a little drink here in a minute, let my dogs out, I just got time, nothing but time, just so you know, I don't have to go..."

https://fb.watch/xzog90hR3L/

18 minutes ago, theguru said:

Mr. Stanton posted another 22 minute video today.  There was basically zero of substance in it, just him ranting.  He did have a funny Ron Burgundy moment at about the 1020 mark:

"I just left the gym/steam room, done a few little curls, smacks his pec, that's all I do all day long, get my Starbucks, take my pretty wife a little drink here in a minute, let my dogs out, I just got time, nothing but time, just so you know, I don't have to go..."

https://fb.watch/xzog90hR3L/

And I thought I was going to get some work done today and now this!

 

I enjoyed the quick pause to pull the cross out from under the shirt before firing away.  

4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Same here!  I would say the majority of people who have played for him or even know him have nothing but positive things to say in regards to Borchers on how he does things as a coach, and just as a person. The ones that may not think that high of him are in the minority, but unfortunately they usually are the loudest people like in this case, which is a shame that it is that way. 

I can’t make it all the way through the videos but have watched some of both of them. Kudos to those of you that have made it through. But it seems like Borchers was the unfortunate one who ended up being the head coach of the team where this dad was involved. This could have been at any school and daddy wouldn’t have been happy that his son wasn’t the star RB. Others have said it in this thread, but the real person I’m concerned about is the kid who has to go to school knowing his dad is posting these videos for all to see. 
 

It’s no surprise that the KHSAA is struggling to keep officials and that there are so many coaches stepping away with parents like this. If this dad has all the time in the world and knows so much better than a head coach of 17 years, I’ve seen some posts looking for coaches in the area. He should give it a try. Or maybe he can just keep trying to get Facebook famous. 

2 hours ago, goallinestand06 said:

I can’t make it all the way through the videos but have watched some of both of them. Kudos to those of you that have made it through. But it seems like Borchers was the unfortunate one who ended up being the head coach of the team where this dad was involved. This could have been at any school and daddy wouldn’t have been happy that his son wasn’t the star RB. Others have said it in this thread, but the real person I’m concerned about is the kid who has to go to school knowing his dad is posting these videos for all to see. 
 

It’s no surprise that the KHSAA is struggling to keep officials and that there are so many coaches stepping away with parents like this. If this dad has all the time in the world and knows so much better than a head coach of 17 years, I’ve seen some posts looking for coaches in the area. He should give it a try. Or maybe he can just keep trying to get Facebook famous. 

You hit the nail on the head for why so many coaches and officials are getting away from the game. It is truly a thankless job to be a coach, or an official, but it is not because of the kids. It is the parents that are driving so many coaches and officials away, and literally everything you do as a coach is wrong in someway.  

It is interesting when people complain about daddy ball being involved. Because eventually the coaches that don't have kids on the team, but are coaching for the love of the game and the players. Are eventually going to realize it is not worth dealing with all this stuff, when they could be spending more time with their family, instead of other people's kids. So it is eventually going to get to the point where it literally the only people who coach are just dad's who have players on the team, and then leave once their kid is done. It will truly be "daddy ball" then, and it is because of all the parents driving other coaches out of the game. 

We all have the highest hopes for our children to be “the person” in whatever they do. Like me the vast majority just become role players. Alot of parents cannot sit back believe what they are seeing. Fortunately I was humbled early by having my dad as our coach growing up and he didn’t play favorites. It stung at times but as a parent now I’m glad I can see my children’s short comings and can properly adjust my expectations. 

I'm having a hard time filling in the gap between how mad this guy is and the high school career his son got to have.  Now, I know I'm posting this on a forum particularly devoted to NKY High School Football,  a forum full of people who all very much know who his kid is, but the kid was a NKFCA 1st teamer, played in 2 state title games, was a captain his senior year, by all accounts seems to be a model kid, and the dad is THIS unhappy?   He had a high school football career that 80 plus % of kids would have been thrilled to have.  And the other thing that kind of shocks me, the facebook comments (yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment) are OVERWHELMINGLY supportive of his rants.  The whole thing just seems crazy.  Makes you long for the days when you didn't have to know what everyone was thinking, about everything, the moment they're thinking it.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.