Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Glasgow

Featured Replies

9 minutes ago, okie1 said:

$7500 for the head coaching stipend shows a big time lack of commitment/understanding from the admin at Glasgow.

No HS Coaches in KY do it for the money, however the amount invested from the school system shows at least some commitment to a top notch program.  

$7500 seems alright to me but I honestly have no clue. What would be considered an acceptable stipend for a head coach?

  • Replies 171
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coach Preston
    Coach Preston

    Guys I know someone that was recently approached and offered a job that needs turning around. He asked for $25,000. The immediate response was no problem we can do that. I am not saying that is common

  • IF you truly want to be a HC, being a 2nd/3rd option doesn't matter.  Get in there, do the job and win.  Doesn't matter how you got there IMO. 

  • I’ll tell ya why he would leave hart co, the last 2 years he’s had teams full of covid holdovers and he won’t have that next year.

Posted Images

10k minimum imo

17 minutes ago, WKU52 said:

$7500 seems alright to me but I honestly have no clue. What would be considered an acceptable stipend for a head coach?

had heard they were raising it to around $10,000 most comparable sized schools are around 12-14 in the area, often less successful I might add. I heard that Barren pays their coach 17. not sure there, and my apologies CDP on the boyle programs canceling practice, rumor that wasn't true.

those of us who break down the hours and responsibilities and stress this number is truly only about $10/hour maybe more/less for a football coach (30-40 hours during the season/week) 10-15 hours a week during the off season, mowing the fields 3 football fields 3 times a week, it's not about the money, but the money sends a little respect appreciated.

11 minutes ago, WKU52 said:

$7500 seems alright to me but I honestly have no clue. What would be considered an acceptable stipend for a head coach?

It’s not alright at all, IMO. They either are clueless or don’t care to make the commitment. I thought it was bad before I knew the amount but $7,500 is horrendous. 

A head coach should make no less than $10K.  Most of the time the issue on pay isn't the head coaching pay but what is allotted to pay assistants.  I don't care how good a head coach is if they don't have a good staff your not going to win.

36 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

A head coach should make no less than $10K.  Most of the time the issue on pay isn't the head coaching pay but what is allotted to pay assistants.  I don't care how good a head coach is if they don't have a good staff your not going to win.

I believe that pool is just as bad as the HC stipend. Maybe 10-12K total for assistant pay. 

Guys I know someone that was recently approached and offered a job that needs turning around. He asked for $25,000. The immediate response was no problem we can do that. I am not saying that is common but I know this is true for a fact. That school wants to get it to where it should be and were willing to do whatever this person asked for. So $7500 is really bad imo. 

19 hours ago, Westernside said:

So Coach Coby Lewis is interested, he had success at Trigg and was either Oc for PT or helped with the passing game last couple years.

This would be a great hire.. He was PT OC and lead the state twice in scoring. Great dude who’s all about football.

Haddix announced on the listserv that they needed an assistant football coach/strength coach. He did the same thing when his DC left last year. I believe Arnett will be announced.

3 hours ago, BabyBillyForeman said:

Haddix announced on the listserv that they needed an assistant football coach/strength coach. He did the same thing when his DC left last year. I believe Arnett will be announced.

How does one get on this listserv?

3 hours ago, FBcoach99 said:

How does one get on this listserv?

I don't check it regularly because so much of the conversation doesn't necessarily pertain to me, and I generally just kinda leave the coaches to do their own thing....but basically, you just sign up.

5 hours ago, FBcoach99 said:

How does one get on this listserv?

It's for coaches really. 

21 hours ago, BabyBillyForeman said:

Haddix announced on the listserv that they needed an assistant football coach/strength coach. He did the same thing when his DC left last year. I believe Arnett will be announced.

If this is true and Arnett gets hired,I think its pretty crappy that Haddix couldn't wait and let GHS and Arnett make the announcement. Waiting a couple days would be ok before posting for a strength coach.

3 hours ago, Westernside said:

If this is true and Arnett gets hired,I think its pretty crappy that Haddix couldn't wait and let GHS and Arnett make the announcement. Waiting a couple days would be ok before posting for a strength coach.

It is not Haddix or Boyle Co.'s concern what happens at Glasgow. Boyle's #1 priority should be Boyle. That means that when Boyle needs a strength coach, then the time to advertise is now. 

Just curious. What is Glasgow’s schedule next season?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.