Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Glasgow

Featured Replies

17 minutes ago, okie1 said:

I don't have a single problem with Coach Griffin shopping and trying to get the best situation for he and his family.  There is too much stress and pressure on Coaches for little pay to not put yourself in the best situation you can.

 

Always.  

Look out for #1, you and yours, and it doesn't have to be justified to anybody else.

Admin do it, those that just teach do, everybody in every profession does it- there just aren't message boards or social media talking about it bringing your business to the light.

  • Replies 171
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coach Preston
    Coach Preston

    Guys I know someone that was recently approached and offered a job that needs turning around. He asked for $25,000. The immediate response was no problem we can do that. I am not saying that is common

  • IF you truly want to be a HC, being a 2nd/3rd option doesn't matter.  Get in there, do the job and win.  Doesn't matter how you got there IMO. 

  • I’ll tell ya why he would leave hart co, the last 2 years he’s had teams full of covid holdovers and he won’t have that next year.

Posted Images

By the way, it IS Blake Powers to Meade County.

21 minutes ago, FootballGuy1234 said:

I think people are more concerned about how Glasgow has waited around for him when there was a great if not better candidate. 

I get that angle.  I was just talking from the coach's side.  That is valid for sure.

30 minutes ago, FootballGuy1234 said:

I think people are more concerned about how Glasgow has waited around for him when there was a great if not better candidate. 

A week is not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things.  What he has done at Hart Co has been really impressive!

54 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

Facts.  Schools will cut you in a heartbeat over anything, so might as well do your research and take your time.  He didn't have to do anything with what he's built at Hart Co, so I'm sure it was all on "his terms".  Good for him.

My original post wasn't or shouldn't have been about his decisions. I was trying to highlight that if they weren't his first choice they may have burned a bridge by lying the way they did to the second. I support and agree with Griffin taking his time and making a decision best for his family. Let's say he was offered the job Tuesday of last week and Arnett reached out Wednesday of this week. We are now talking about 8 days after and the school tells you that they have not even started the process that is a big deal to me and not a good look for Glasgow. I said in my original post that none of this was directed at Coach Griffin. This is all 100% on Glasgow and if Griffin and Arnett were #1 and #2 and neither are hired it will be on them for fumbling this process.

1 hour ago, okie1 said:

A week is not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things.  What he has done at Hart Co has been really impressive!

Tomorrow will have been 10 days. 

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy1234 said:

Tomorrow will have been 10 days. 

I guess the decision makers are willing to wait out a decision.  

I hate that Arnett or anyone gets lied to.  The application and interview process is very stressful for everyone involved.  

Why would he leave Hart County now? Seemed like he had his program built up pretty well.

6 minutes ago, WKU52 said:

Why would he leave Hart County now? Seemed like he had his program built up pretty well.

I’ll tell ya why he would leave hart co, the last 2 years he’s had teams full of covid holdovers and he won’t have that next year.

1 minute ago, Jayman33 said:

I’ll tell ya why he would leave hart co, the last 2 years he’s had teams full of covid holdovers and he won’t have that next year.

Correct.

2 minutes ago, Jayman33 said:

I’ll tell ya why he would leave hart co, the last 2 years he’s had teams full of covid holdovers and he won’t have that next year.

So have plenty of others.

1 hour ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

My original post wasn't or shouldn't have been about his decisions. I was trying to highlight that if they weren't his first choice they may have burned a bridge by lying the way they did to the second. I support and agree with Griffin taking his time and making a decision best for his family. Let's say he was offered the job Tuesday of last week and Arnett reached out Wednesday of this week. We are now talking about 8 days after and the school tells you that they have not even started the process that is a big deal to me and not a good look for Glasgow. I said in my original post that none of this was directed at Coach Griffin. This is all 100% on Glasgow and if Griffin and Arnett were #1 and #2 and neither are hired it will be on them for fumbling this process.

The whole situation is so Glasgow it hurts. They had a worse debacle IMO when hiring Rick Wood back in 2010. Different AD, Principal, and Superintendent … but same lackluster and shady approach. 

26 minutes ago, Jayman33 said:

I’ll tell ya why he would leave hart co, the last 2 years he’s had teams full of covid holdovers and he won’t have that next year.

Amen! He sees the writing on the wall and unless it is for the right dollar amount, it won't be worth his time because he will not have the players, and this Glasgow job won't be open again for another 15+ years if the right guy is hired. 

3 minutes ago, BillNye said:

The whole situation is so Glasgow it hurts. They had a worse debacle IMO when hiring Rick Wood back in 2010. Different AD, Principal, and Superintendent … but same lackluster and shady approach. 

That one worked out pretty good I'd say. Rick Wood was the clean hire though. Admin tried to sneak in another guy before him. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy1234 said:

That one worked out pretty good I'd say. Rick Wood was the clean hire though. Admin tried to sneak in another guy before him. 

Certainly. Rick Wood is a legend. Just pointing out that it’s not the first time there’s been something in the water with Glasgow during the hiring process. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.