Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Glasgow

Featured Replies

Coach Garmon had a nice winning percentage to be forced out, but that is from the outside looking in.

  • Replies 171
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coach Preston
    Coach Preston

    Guys I know someone that was recently approached and offered a job that needs turning around. He asked for $25,000. The immediate response was no problem we can do that. I am not saying that is common

  • IF you truly want to be a HC, being a 2nd/3rd option doesn't matter.  Get in there, do the job and win.  Doesn't matter how you got there IMO. 

  • I’ll tell ya why he would leave hart co, the last 2 years he’s had teams full of covid holdovers and he won’t have that next year.

Posted Images

IF you truly want to be a HC, being a 2nd/3rd option doesn't matter.  Get in there, do the job and win.  Doesn't matter how you got there IMO. 

3 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

IF you truly want to be a HC, being a 2nd/3rd option doesn't matter.  Get in there, do the job and win.  Doesn't matter how you got there IMO. 

As a rule of thumb, I agree completely.

However, if what is being reported in here is true, and I think it is, that administration outright lied to the second best option during the hiring process...can you really blame him for not wanting to work for someone like that? That's a huge red flag and hard to go to work for someone every day that you already know you can't trust.

30 minutes ago, BillNye said:

As a rule of thumb, I agree completely.

However, if what is being reported in here is true, and I think it is, that administration outright lied to the second best option during the hiring process...can you really blame him for not wanting to work for someone like that? That's a huge red flag and hard to go to work for someone every day that you already know you can't trust.

It is a red flag, but from first hand experience like I said if you really want to be a HC there aren't that many opportunities floating around every cycle.  Make the decision to do it, and do it well enough where you become the first choice!

56 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

IF you truly want to be a HC, being a 2nd/3rd option doesn't matter.  Get in there, do the job and win.  Doesn't matter how you got there IMO. 

I agree 100% but I don't think this is the case in this matter. The way the process has been handled will keep some of those 2nd-4th etc. guys from staying interested. It won't be that they weren't #1 on the list.

2 hours ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

I agree 100% but I don't think this is the case in this matter. The way the process has been handled will keep some of those 2nd-4th etc. guys from staying interested. It won't be that they weren't #1 on the list.

I waited 2 weeks for an answer on a job.  I wasn’t told anything.  Knowing good a well I wasn’t first (probably not 2nd or 3rd option).  It ended up being the best decision of my professional and had a great experience at school.  My advice, don’t let ego get in the way if you think you can win at the school.  Yeah, it doesn’t feel good waiting on the line but winning sure does!

And to clarify, I'm not saying anyone who wouldn't want the job after certain circumstances isn't valid.  Just saying, for some people if they're going to be a head coach they have to take poor jobs or jobs where they know they better win or they're out quickly!

2 hours ago, LethalPG said:

I waited 2 weeks for an answer on a job.  I wasn’t told anything.  Knowing good a well I wasn’t first (probably not 2nd or 3rd option).  It ended up being the best decision of my professional and had a great experience at school.  My advice, don’t let ego get in the way if you think you can win at the school.  Yeah, it doesn’t feel good waiting on the line but winning sure does!

I agree 100% I do. What I am talking about is if all things being said are true and I believe that most are is that their possible #2 may have been lied to. If that’s the case I would think it could turn off potential coaches in the future. I could be wrong and hope I am.

If you don't get a call within a week (really 2/3 days) then you kinda know you are not #1.  There is no need to call them, if there is something they want you to know they will call you.  

I hope the Scotties are able to get their man.  it sure sounds like alot of shopping around going on.   If a coach has an ego, not being the first choice is a big deal.  if the coach doesn't have an ego not being the first choice is a big deal.   Especially if it is a tough situation.   If things do go well right off the bat, the community, the school, even the kids, know the HC wasnt the first choice and it complicates the relationship with wandering eyes and longing hearts thinking about what the other guy who didn't come to the job could have done. 

I believe the hart co coach has been job shopping the last couple of years.  I have heard of him being offered a couple of positions last off season and I heard he was in the mix for meade co job.   So I wonder if her is playing both ends against the middle trying to strengthen his position with  Hart Co by applying to places like Glascow, Meade co, and last year Marshall Co???  

Marshall County admin came for two playoff games in 2023.

I think Glasgow narrowly escaped a disaster by missing out on Griffin. A lot of people are thankful he chose to stay at Hart Co. 

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy1234 said:

I think Glasgow narrowly escaped a disaster by missing out on Griffin. A lot of people are thankful he chose to stay at Hart Co. 

What?

I am sure Coach Griffin is a good person, I have heard he is very egotistical, but who isn't? 

Let's not forget before these last couple of classes, which if I am not wrong won some sort of middle school state championship or were runners up or something, very talented group and would have been successful regardless of who was at the helm, again not taking anything away from Coach Griffin. He has had a great run the last 3 years with a 9-3, 13-1, and 12-1 record and as a result has been asked to speak at many coaching clinics and such and has been very cordial. This was an extraordinary group from Hart County and he has capitalized greatly. "you can't win without talent, but you can sure lose with it"  

Before this group his record was a combined 22-37.. I do not want to condemn this man, but I think Glasgow has better options available and should reach out to them. He obviously has created a stable program at Hart and as long as he is able to schedule the Cavernas, LaRues, Butlers, and Nelson Counties when they are down. I think he will continue to win 6-7 games a years there as momentum of winning may allow his team to feel confident and get 1 or 2 they may not be favored in. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.