Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Glasgow

Featured Replies

5 hours ago, VF111 said:

It is not Haddix or Boyle Co.'s concern what happens at Glasgow. Boyle's #1 priority should be Boyle. That means that when Boyle needs a strength coach, then the time to advertise is now. 

Yes true but a few days are not going to make a difference and to say he don’t coach for us no more we don’t care what happens to him I believe is just not right you need to let him go without burning any bridges never can tell when you may want to add him back to the team.

  • Replies 171
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coach Preston
    Coach Preston

    Guys I know someone that was recently approached and offered a job that needs turning around. He asked for $25,000. The immediate response was no problem we can do that. I am not saying that is common

  • IF you truly want to be a HC, being a 2nd/3rd option doesn't matter.  Get in there, do the job and win.  Doesn't matter how you got there IMO. 

  • I’ll tell ya why he would leave hart co, the last 2 years he’s had teams full of covid holdovers and he won’t have that next year.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, know your role said:

Just curious. What is Glasgow’s schedule next season?

I’m sure they will continue to play Barren Allen and Monroe they are traditional rivals. With Franklin moving to 4A and Hart losing a lot their district goes from one of the toughest last year to probably not that strong this year. I’m sure they will be the favorites to win the district. The question is do they continue to play Russellville and Somerset. They just finished a two year deal with Somerset where they won both and Russellville has been down for a few years. This is about all I know someone else may have more insight.

On 1/25/2025 at 5:16 PM, Tkinslow said:

I’m sure they will continue to play Barren Allen and Monroe they are traditional rivals. With Franklin moving to 4A and Hart losing a lot their district goes from one of the toughest last year to probably not that strong this year. I’m sure they will be the favorites to win the district. The question is do they continue to play Russellville and Somerset. They just finished a two year deal with Somerset where they won both and Russellville has been down for a few years. This is about all I know someone else may have more insight.

Believe I heard they had a bowl game week 1 vs a TN school

keep Barren on the schedule

kept Monroe

kept Allen on the schedule 

kept Franklin Simpson as a week 11 opponent

LaRue moved to district play

added Edmonson to district play

Adair

Hart

Butler

had to drop Somerset, which I thought was a good series

had to drop Russellville

Big district makes it hard to schedule when you have long time matchups with neighboring counties

RPI wise I would think barren and Allen are no brain ers   Maybe drop Monroe and pick up an RPI booster?

12 minutes ago, know your role said:

RPI wise I would think barren and Allen are no brain ers   Maybe drop Monroe and pick up an RPI booster?

They’re not going to drop Monroe, they’ve been playing that game forever.

1 hour ago, AppalachianTactician said:

Believe I heard they had a bowl game week 1 vs a TN school

keep Barren on the schedule

kept Monroe

kept Allen on the schedule 

kept Franklin Simpson as a week 11 opponent

LaRue moved to district play

added Edmonson to district play

Adair

Hart

Butler

had to drop Somerset, which I thought was a good series

had to drop Russellville

Big district makes it hard to schedule when you have long time matchups with neighboring counties

Hadn’t heard anything about the bowl game it’s been a while since they’ve played in a bowl game other than the one they use to have and it’s also been awhile since they’ve played a out of state team so that’s interesting.

I believe they will be favored to win District 2, with what they have coming back and what other teams are losing, but the off season will have a lot gt do with that.

On 1/23/2025 at 11:08 AM, Coach Preston said:

Guys I know someone that was recently approached and offered a job that needs turning around. He asked for $25,000. The immediate response was no problem we can do that. I am not saying that is common but I know this is true for a fact. That school wants to get it to where it should be and were willing to do whatever this person asked for. So $7500 is really bad imo. 

Do they have a coach yet?  I know everyone is expecting Arnett to be named...however there has been no official announcement.

Maybe Arnett asked for some things that Glasgow is unsure they want to commit too?

14 hours ago, know your role said:

Maybe drop Monroe and pick up an RPI booster?

This is an overrated talking point for 99% of Kentucky schools. Sure, you should be conscious of your RPI, but tossing aside rivalries and the gate money that comes with them (not to mention souring relationships across all other sports that you will continue to compete) is really unnecessary.

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

This is an overrated talking point for 99% of Kentucky schools. Sure, you should be conscious of your RPI, but tossing aside rivalries and the gate money that comes with them (not to mention souring relationships across all other sports that you will continue to compete) is really unnecessary.

Monroe should be a pretty decent contender in their district and may make a playoff run, don't get an RPI boost for playing up a class for Glasgow, but a solid program this year coming perhaps, similar to Russellville in 2021 helped Glasgow to that #2 RPI. Yearly rival and gate money would mean they wouldn't drop them for anything... plus Arnett is from Monroe...assuming he takes the job... probably excited about a matchup with his former coach. I believe Billy Joe Murphy was the coach there when he was the HC at Barren and did not get the opportunity to return then.

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

This is an overrated talking point for 99% of Kentucky schools. Sure, you should be conscious of your RPI, but tossing aside rivalries and the gate money that comes with them (not to mention souring relationships across all other sports that you will continue to compete) is really unnecessary.

RPI doesn't matter truly until the 3rd round... I think Glasgow would be happy to get that far and worry about RPI then. Honestly, 3A is probably the one class where RPI probably doesn't matter assuming you can avoid Central and CAL.

35 minutes ago, AppalachianTactician said:

Monroe should be a pretty decent contender in their district and may make a playoff run, don't get an RPI boost for playing up a class for Glasgow, but a solid program this year coming perhaps, similar to Russellville in 2021 helped Glasgow to that #2 RPI. Yearly rival and gate money would mean they wouldn't drop them for anything... plus Arnett is from Monroe...assuming he takes the job... probably excited about a matchup with his former coach. I believe Billy Joe Murphy was the coach there when he was the HC at Barren and did not get the opportunity to return then.

According to the khsaa website Arnett was 3-1 vs Monroe at Barren. Lost his first year to them then won 3 straight. 

1 hour ago, know your role said:

According to the khsaa website Arnett was 3-1 vs Monroe at Barren. Lost his first year to them then won 3 straight. 

Petett retired in 2016 and came back in 2020. I thought Arnett was at Barren entirely in the gap. I thought it would have been the first time they would have faced each other, I was still incorrect. They did play in 2020, Barren winning 27-6.

Let’s be honest the only reason the RPI matters in 3A is to try to avoid CAL as long as possible so maybe you have a chance to win the region ain’t no one beating CAL they would be a hard out in 6A every year you would think sooner or later they would drop off a little give someone else a chance to get a championship in 3A but it ain’t happened yet. I wish they would get a big enough enrollment to move to 4A so we didn’t know who was going to win it every year.

21 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Let’s be honest the only reason the RPI matters in 3A is to try to avoid CAL as long as possible so maybe you have a chance to win the region ain’t no one beating CAL they would be a hard out in 6A every year you would think sooner or later they would drop off a little give someone else a chance to get a championship in 3A but it ain’t happened yet. I wish they would get a big enough enrollment to move to 4A so we didn’t know who was going to win it every year.

I don't think 4A wants that smoke. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.