Urbana (IL) at Scott County Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Urbana (IL)
    • Scott County

This poll is closed to new votes

The Broncos of Urbana (IL) (Urban Prep - Bronzeville / Urban Prep - Englewood) make the trip to Georgetown from Melrose Park, Illinois to take on a reeling Scott County Cardinals squad. What was, on paper, supposed to be two opening wins against Franklin County and Great Crossing turned into two losses, neither close, with the Great Crossing game being an old fashioned 46 to 15 blowout. 

We knew Scott County needed to reload in some places, especially the running game. We also knew that the injury to Buddy Collins early in the first game probably spelled trouble. But there still lacks a good explanation for this all systems failure.

This game replaces Lincoln County on the schedule and thus there is no frame for this matchup. Urbana (IL) has not won a game since September of 2021. Yes, that is correct, no wins since September of 2021. Two winless seasons in a row and an opening loss to Christ the King by a score of 46 - 0 this year leads them into this one. MaxPreps ranks them as number 511 in Illinois and number 288 in Chicago. I think this is a game, especially with it being it at home, the Cardinals must win if they want to shake off the sour taste of the first two weeks and start to salvage this season.

• Thanks 1

That's a 5.5-6 hour drive for WCA, that long of a drive and then having to play against an offense that they likely haven't played against before definitely puts them behind the 8 ball to start this one.

I am trying to find a score on this. But to make things even more interesting Max Preps lists the opponent as Urban Prep - Bronzeville/ Urban Prep- Englewood. I looked up Urban Prep, seems to be a network of charter schools in Chicago who had their charter pulled last year.

2 minutes ago, se7ens said:

I am trying to find a score on this. But to make things even more interesting Max Preps lists the opponent as Urban Prep - Bronzeville/ Urban Prep- Englewood. I looked up Urban Prep, seems to be a network of charter schools in Chicago who had their charter pulled last year.

This one was apparently delayed. Last I saw, it's set to kickoff at 9.

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Urbana (IL) at Scott County Predictions/Updates
  • theguru locked this topic