Georgia 78 Kentucky 69 OT

DragonFire

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line the game came down to turnovers and rebounds.

UK held a 19-15 advantage on the boards at the half, and then finished at -11(42-31) for the game.

What happened in the second half?

UGA got off early, but UK steadied itself to a 12 point lead with over 12 to go, and then hit the wall.

They had 2 FG at the 8 minute mark of the game. They had taken only 11 shots in the first 11 minutes of the second half. They had made 4 FG at the 5:00 mark. They scored a whopping 26 points in the final 25 minutes. Simply gross.

I think they got conservative and didn't attack, like they were in the first half. However, UGA was cold in the first half and the opposite in the second half. Tobias Brown was a monster in the second half. Banks in a crap shot in a double team. Later on Gaines banks in a desperation 3 to beat the shot clock.

For the second straight game, UK choked in the game's final possessions. Their last two possessions resulted in turnovers. Meeks gets a steal and throws a perfect bounce pass on the break to Georgia. Then an entry pass to Morris gets thrown away. Mercer misses a 3, Brown rebounds. Gaines misses to FT and they dont block out the shooter.

Get the rebound you have possession for the win.

Gosh bless Crawford. He was dynamite tonight. However, he didn't get many shot attempts until the end of regulation when he scored UK's last 12 points.

Randolph Morris. Teams are simply taking him away. is it because he isn't working hard enough? Possibly, but opponents are making other players beat them. Bradley was awful on both ends. Perry was a donut. They aren't getting anything out of the 4 spot.

Porter looked solid in the first half, then was overmatched in the second half.

What happened? UGA got physical and punched UK, and the Cats didn't retaliate. UK stopped cutting stopped driving and then got conservative.

This was a game they had in control but flat coughed it up. This would have been a win that got the Vandy game back. But they simply choked.

Ugly...not much more you can say.

Life on the road is perilous and UK blew a golden opportunity to get one back.

I don't want to hear ANYTHING from the Tubby lovers. But I will give them this Tubby is consistent looks like another 3 L's in a row may be coming. But thats the new standards now. Not to mention for sure back to back 10 loss seasons and probably a trifecta next year.

Read post #43 :thumb:

Bottom line the game came down to turnovers and rebounds.

UK held a 19-15 advantage on the boards at the half, and then finished at -11(42-31) for the game.

What happened in the second half?

UGA got off early, but UK steadied itself to a 12 point lead with over 12 to go, and then hit the wall.

They had 2 FG at the 8 minute mark of the game. They had taken only 11 shots in the first 11 minutes of the second half. They had made 4 FG at the 5:00 mark. They scored a whopping 26 points in the final 25 minutes. Simply gross.

I think they got conservative and didn't attack, like they were in the first half. However, UGA was cold in the first half and the opposite in the second half. Tobias Brown was a monster in the second half. Banks in a crap shot in a double team. Later on Gaines banks in a desperation 3 to beat the shot clock.

For the second straight game, UK choked in the game's final possessions. Their last two possessions resulted in turnovers. Meeks gets a steal and throws a perfect bounce pass on the break to Georgia. Then an entry pass to Morris gets thrown away. Mercer misses a 3, Brown rebounds. Gaines misses to FT and they dont block out the shooter.

Get the rebound you have possession for the win.

Gosh bless Crawford. He was dynamite tonight. However, he didn't get many shot attempts until the end of regulation when he scored UK's last 12 points.

Randolph Morris. Teams are simply taking him away. is it because he isn't working hard enough? Possibly, but opponents are making other players beat them. Bradley was awful on both ends. Perry was a donut. They aren't getting anything out of the 4 spot.

Porter looked solid in the first half, then was overmatched in the second half.

What happened? UGA got physical and punched UK, and the Cats didn't retaliate. UK stopped cutting stopped driving and then got conservative.

This was a game they had in control but flat coughed it up. This would have been a win that got the Vandy game back. But they simply choked.

Ugly...not much more you can say.

Life on the road is perilous and UK blew a golden opportunity to get one back.

Very good summation.:thumb:

I was listening to this one on the radio while, and I had to pull over and collect myself for safety.

Extremely upset about this performance... All they had to do in the 2nd half was play good defense. They couldn't even do that.

Maddest I've been about a game in a long long time... I don't even really wanna discuss this one.

When the game is on the line in the last couple of minutes, there is not a player on UK's team who I really want the ball in their hands(i.e. Wayne Turner, Scott Padgett, Tayshaun Prince). UK looked lost going down the stretch.

When the game is on the line in the last couple of minutes, there is not a player on UK's team who I really want the ball in their hands(i.e. Wayne Turner, Scott Padgett, Tayshaun Prince). UK looked lost going down the stretch.

I would like to say I'd want it in Crawford's hands... But boy did he just let that pass go right through them and out of bounds. (Caught some OT on TV)

The Cats made it last year, and this years team is better than last years team and will make the tournament...With that said that is all the defending of UK and Tubby I am going to do in this thread, because tonights loss was pathetic and there are no excuses to lose a game when your up by 17...:madman:

You guys can keep riding Tubby all the way into the ground. There is a real problem going on in Lexington. IF we lose to Tennessee (3 in a row), you are going to see a complete melt down. The upper classman are use to losing and the freshman will be demoralized. Tubby better find a way to pull a miracle off... wow never thought I would have to say that about a home game.

Ouch. I didn't get to watch this one, but it sounds ugly...

Oh yes, it was. UK still shot 45% from the field, but only 33% in second half and OT (9/27), and that's an improvement from where it was. It was under 20% for the second half midway through. UK made nearly double the shots in the first half (17) than they did in the two periods following. Contrast that with Georgia which started shooting 37.5% in the first half, but improved to 51.7 in the second frame, and 80% in OT.

The first half is what UK is all about and when they play like that, they belong. I will choose to believe that is where they're heading, but the second half and OT is where they've been and still tend to lean to.

In defense of Crawford, Bradley had too much mustard on that pass at that close of range.

I didn't really get an extremely close look at it, so I'll take your word for it. I was trying to get settled in as I'd just got home. I can just distinctly recall Crawford looking more like he was plotting his move than making sure he had the ball.