Georgia 78 Kentucky 69 OT

DragonFire

We'll just blame it on the Wheaties....:thumb:

Without question, I think most of us fans, critics and Bluegrass Asst. Coaches, would all concur that two things, about UK Basketball which is not appealing.

1) Recruiting/Talent - why does it seem, other teams have Basketball players, whom can shoot from the perimeter; size at the #3 and #4, who can score inside and outside; can run a half court set.

2) Tempo/Style of Play - Most would like the push, run and gun style for entertainment value but high scoring, often results in increase in points allowed.

Is Coach Smith getting the commitment from some of his players, at both ends of the floor....if not, can he win with some of them not playing. Now I'm going to be critical, I won't say who but I saw a player who didn't box out a FT shooter last night, in a crucial point of the game, which I'm going to assume was just due to laziness or not being mentally into the game. Those are the things, lack of basic fundamentals which drive me crazy.

I agree with all points and especially the one with "no box out". That one alomg with a lazy/brain fart pass going down the floor on the break at another crucial point there are no excuses for.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: This is the only area that I have been close to critical on Tubby and at that I was mostly critical of Hansen ans Rigot. Those two should be gone. JMO

Thank goodness we hired that new Strength and Conditioning coach...imagine where we'd be without him.

I'm looking into my crystal ball and I see the following...

Tubby will promise that things will be reevaluated and changes will be made during the off-season. And then, as we get closer to the new season, he will promise that UK is going to play a faster pace in the upcoming season.

The latter has become a tradition at UK, so I'd be highly upset if he broke it. :D

Anyone else think it might be time for a new starting lineup? Right now we got 2 guys in the starting lineup who aren't much of a threat to score at all in Jasper and Perry. I still think Perry has the ability to really step up his scoring but he has yet to do so yet this season. And Jasper is really not a threat to score at all unless he gets a steal and takes it in for a dunk. So we really are playing with just 3 people who are threats to score on offense. I really think that we need to find away to get Meeks into the starting lineup. Either go back to having Bradley at the pg spot, and this way you got 4 guys who can score at anytime, and still have Perry who could maybe catch fire again. Or bench Perry and keep Jasper in there and go with a small lineup with pretty much 4 guards and Morris. Are defense probably will always be there with Tubby as coach, but we need to find away to put more scoreres on the floor at the same time...

Thank goodness we hired that new Strength and Conditioning coach...imagine where we'd be without him.

I'm looking into my crystal ball and I see the following...

Tubby will promise that things will be reevaluated and changes will be made during the off-season. And then, as we get closer to the new season, he will promise that UK is going to play a faster pace in the upcoming season.

The latter has become a tradition at UK, so I'd be highly upset if he broke it. :D

And what does this have to do with the only area "I" have been critical :confused: , what you brought up was obviously "your" opinion which you are entitled to, I just stated mine. I am so glad that you have a crystal ball, maybe U.K. can go on that from now on.:D

Anyone else think it might be time for a new starting lineup? Right now we got 2 guys in the starting lineup who aren't much of a threat to score at all in Jasper and Perry. I still think Perry has the ability to really step up his scoring but he has yet to do so yet this season. And Jasper is really not a threat to score at all unless he gets a steal and takes it in for a dunk. So we really are playing with just 3 people who are threats to score on offense. I really think that we need to find away to get Meeks into the starting lineup. Either go back to having Bradley at the pg spot, and this way you got 4 guys who can score at anytime, and still have Perry who could maybe catch fire again. Or bench Perry and keep Jasper in there and go with a small lineup with pretty much 4 guards and Morris. Are defense probably will always be there with Tubby as coach, but we need to find away to put more scoreres on the floor at the same time...

You mkae some pretty good points and I can see the possibility of Perry out of the starting lineup but it is jmo but I believe that Bradley is much better at the off or 2 guard. Jasper imo does a pretty decent job of running the point. He is a freshman and along with the other freshmen they are going to make freshman mistakes. I also agree with getting Meeks more playing time. Jmo and I trust that Tubby knows much more about them than we all do.

Tough Loss. Just can't understand how the level of basketball tallent, skill, heart has been depleted at UK. Someone help me out here, Joe B. never lost a game by 9 after being up 17??? Hopefully, this will be the turning point of the season.... and go 16 - 2 the rest of the way....... Ok - wishful thinking...

I agree, he had 2 good games in the NCAA tournament last year, in his hole career it seems like thats the only time he played well. But who would play for him?

Meeks, Stevenson, whoever. There are alot of guys on the team who can play numerous positions.

Bobby hardly ever does anything productive from where I'm sitting. He has to lead the NCAA's in illegal screens.

One thing that really hurt UK in the Georgia run is the inability to defend the high screen on the ball at the top of the key. I think the problem is Morris and his lazy, or maybe just inability, to play the correctly. Georgia simply cleared out and set a pick for Gaines almost every play down the stretch.