Georgia 78 Kentucky 69 OT

DragonFire

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the biggest supporters of UK early in the season, and up through the winning streak. The last two games have really made me mad, and looking at the rest of our schedule it does not look good at all. I think UK will make the NCAA tourney, but if it plays out that they don't what happens? Does UK accept an NIT bid? I'll tell you, as a student at UK, if UK were to get a home game in the NIT, I wouldn't go, and I certainly wouldn't be the only one to do this. The majority of students on UK's campus are getting tired of mediocrity.

I was one of the biggest supporters of UK early in the season, and up through the winning streak. The last two games have really made me mad, and looking at the rest of our schedule it does not look good at all. I think UK will make the NCAA tourney, but if it plays out that they don't what happens? Does UK accept an NIT bid? I'll tell you, as a student at UK, if UK were to get a home game in the NIT, I wouldn't go, and I certainly wouldn't be the only one to do this. The majority of students on UK's campus are getting tired of mediocrity.

Lets not even think NIT right now."IF" it came to that I would think that they would accept though due to the $$$$ factor. I for one am not a fan of the NIT either, imo it is pointless.

Obviously I was very disapointed with the loss, however, all is not lost. If they don't beat the Lofton-less Vols Sunday in Rupp, then the Cats could be in trouble. Vandy is looking like a very good basketball team, and this same Georgia team beat Gonzaga. I still think the Cats are fine, however, a loss Sunday to Tennessee and I might change my mind.

Tough Loss. Just can't understand how the level of basketball tallent, skill, heart has been depleted at UK. Someone help me out here, Joe B. never lost a game by 9 after being up 17??? Hopefully, this will be the turning point of the season.... and go 16 - 2 the rest of the way....... Ok - wishful thinking...

It is more the blowing the lead that is disturbing and not losing by 9, necessarily. The game was a deadlock and UGA made some FTs at the end with some breakaway points.

Meeks, Stevenson, whoever. There are alot of guys on the team who can play numerous positions.

Bobby hardly ever does anything productive from where I'm sitting. He has to lead the NCAA's in illegal screens.

I blame Perry's problems more on playing out of position rather than just not being very good (which he is not, but still, he appears to be a natural 3 to me). If Tubby does not want to utilize him as a 3, I agree he is better suited on the bench.

I blame Perry's problems more on playing out of position rather than just not being very good (which he is not, but still, he appears to be a natural 3 to me). If Tubby does not want to utilize him as a 3, I agree he is better suited on the bench.

Perry was playing the 3 spot earlier this season, and I didn't think he did very well there at all. He just can't score with any sort of consistency, and that is definitely not what you want out of a 3.

I have been saying Perry SUCKS for 4 years. AGAIN, did you see UNC or DUKE knocking on his door when he lived right down the street? Tulsa talent doesn't work at UK.

I know you all have heard me say this for the past four years as well, and I have took a lot of bashing for it, but now he has proven himself worthy of all the bashing I have gave him. He has had a couple of good games but Bobby Perry is the most inconsistent, and sometimes most clueless player in college basketball. I still cringe and hold my breath every time he touches the ball.

And what does this have to do with the only area "I" have been critical :confused: , what you brought up was obviously "your" opinion which you are entitled to, I just stated mine. I am so glad that you have a crystal ball, maybe U.K. can go on that from now on.:D

Man...you guys get way too sensitive in matters pertaining to Tubby and UK. That was totally a joke with no slight intended toward you. I quoted you because you mentioned the two assistants...I figured it paired well with my prediction that Tubby would promise some changes. That's all.

Geez! ;)

I know you all have heard me say this for the past four years as well, and I have took a lot of bashing for it, but now he has proven himself worthy of all the bashing I have gave him. He has had a couple of good games but Bobby Perry is the most inconsistent, and sometimes most clueless player in college basketball. I still cringe and hold my breath every time he touches the ball.

Not sure I agree with that...it seems to me he has been very consistent over his career. The only blip on his radar was the two games in last year's NCAA Tourny. :D

Not sure I agree with that...it seems to me he has been very consistent over his career. The only blip on his radar was the two games in last year's NCAA Tourny. :D

I see people keep saying this, but dont you all remember he played REALLY good the last 2 weeks of the regular season and the SEC tournament as well. Then in the NCAA tournament he really stepped it up even more. So it wasn't just two games, because even during the end of the regular season last year, he was actually playing like he should have a UK jersey on...I am not going to defend his play for this year though, because so far what he has done this year has been very disappointing, maybe we can only hope for the sake of the team that he decides to play good again at the end of the year like last year...

Yes, consistently misses layups, throws passes into the seats, and lets passed balls go between his legs. I guess you can say he is consistent in you never know whats going to happen if he gets anywhere near the ball. Like said, I hold my breath every time he gets the ball, I'm sure most do the same.