Georgia 78 Kentucky 69 OT

DragonFire

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loss is bad in that we were up 17 at one point, but Georgia is a tough team. Young squad who is still learning... for those of you who want to jump... go ahead... I'll stick with them.

:thumb: :thumb: Great post, I feel the same way. Yes the Cats had a complete breakdown in the 2nd half that there is no excuse for but in no way am I giving up on this team. Imo if people want to jump ship :sleep: that is fine and is their choice, just don't be coming back claiming "great fan" when they are winning.

Ok a little bit ago I might have agreed with this, but now that I have calmed down and thought about it I dont see 8 losses in the SEC. Yes if we play like we have the last 2 games then yes it will happen, but I dont think we will continue to play like this. Alot of you all keep saying we we will lose to LSU, Bama, and UT. However have you all not noticed that LSU, Bama, and UT have lost to the same teams we have lost to so far in the SEC? Bama and LSU are definitely two games that we can win. We play UT this week at home without Lofton so probably could win that. Then we play at UT later in the year, and people are saying we wont win there, but has everyone forgot that we went in to there last year and won. So we can very easily do it again, because this years team is still better than last years team. Florida is a team that will be tough to beat, but I think we could beat them at home MAYBE.

I will make a predicition now that this team will not have 10 losses going into the NCAA tournament this year. I believe we will probably have around 8 losses total and 5 sec losses going into the SEC tournament...

Another very good post by FC.:ylsuper:

It seems as if Tubby ALWAYS has trouble with Dennis Felton coached teams.

It seems Tubby has trouble with alot of teams, recruiting, Coaching players,

And winning. I have been a Tubby supporter for many years; always defending him but I am about middle of the fence now with one leg over the other side.

I can't take much more of this......IMO Tubby is the Larry Coker of basketball.

Larry Coker---Won a Title in his first year with other players. (Yes he coached them but he already had the talent all he had to do was put them on the court.) Hasn't done crap since that Year. Yes he has had great Reg seasons. Big Deal!

The style of basketball is just Boring... I can't stand to watch this crap.

On another note; What are the chances the players are point shaving??:sssh:

I have been a Tubby supporter for many years; always defending him but I am about middle of the fence now with one leg over the other side.

I can't take much more of this......IMO Tubby is the Larry Coker of basketball.

Larry Coker---Won a Title in his first year with other players. (Yes he coached them but he already had the talent all he had to do was put them on the court.) Hasn't done crap since that Year.

Don't forget, he was "a missed shot from the final four two years ago".:rolleyes:

IMO Tubby is the Larry Coker of basketball.

I think he's more of the Phil Fulmer of basketball.

Won titles in '98. Have been solid since, but can't win (or really get close to) the big one. Had BAD seasons last year.

Hard to justify keeping them, and hard to justify firing them.

I think that they can beat any team they want to. They just dont seem to have the Killer instinct!

That is true we can beat any team on our schedule that is left the scary part is we could lose every game on our schedule except South Carolina. I still have faith in Kentucky that we can finish the season with 7 to 8 more wins and get a decent seeding in the NCAA's. Please Cats bounce back you are better than this.

It seems Tubby has trouble with alot of teams, recruiting, Coaching players, and winning.
....15-6 and lost to two teams rated #1, Memphis and yes, lost two straight in the SEC.

On another note; What are the chances the players are point shaving??:sssh:
....:rolleyes: I'm certainly hoping, you are jesting and not serious....I usually enjoy your posts SW2000, but this is not one of them.

I awoke this morning, to snow and I'm assuming, that the UK Basketball program was not dismantled overnight.

You won't find a more Sports oriented person than I but some of you, analyze each possession, turnover, missed shot, bad pass and crave something to happen, which you can criticize....It's getting tougher to even post in a UK Basketball thread, regardless of win or loss.

I think he's more of the Phil Fulmer of basketball.

Won titles in '98. Have been solid since, but can't win (or really get close to) the big one. Had BAD seasons last year.

Hard to justify keeping them, and hard to justify firing them.

Not really, love him or hate him Fulmer paid his dues prior to his NC. He has allowed UT to backslide recently for sure but he didn't inherit a winner. Also, UT has never been to football what UK is to basketball. In the old days (back when I was in college) UK was favored to win the SEC every year.

....15-6 and lost to two teams rated #1, Memphis and yes, lost two straight in the SEC.

....:rolleyes: I'm certainly hoping, you are jesting and not serious....I usually enjoy your posts SW2000, but this is not one of them.

I awoke this morning, to snow and I'm assuming, that the UK Basketball program was not dismantled overnight.

You won't find a more Sports oriented person than I but some of you, analyze each possession, turnover, missed shot, bad pass and crave something to happen, which you can criticize....It's getting tougher to even post in a UK Basketball thread, regardless of win or loss.

Sorry Strike 3 in some weird way it just came out. At the time of the post I hadn't had my wheaties.

OK now back to a rational thought. Tubby is a good coach and UK does have some good players. I am UK fan thru thick and thin but something is missing and it has been since 2000.

Players have come and gone but only one thing stays the same and it is Tubby.

I dont know......I guess I just expect more and I don't think that is wrong.

Sorry Strike 3 in some weird way it just came out. At the time of the post I hadn't had my Wheaties's.

OK now back to a rational thought. Tubby is a good coach and UK does have some good players. I am UK fan thru thick and thin but something is missing and it has been since 2000.

Players have come and gone but only one thing stays the same and it is Tubby.

I dont know......I guess I just expect more and I don't think that is wrong.

We'll just blame it on the Wheaties....:thumb:

Without question, I think most of us fans, critics and Bluegrass Asst. Coaches, would all concur that two things, about UK Basketball which is not appealing.

1) Recruiting/Talent - why does it seem, other teams have Basketball players, whom can shoot from the perimeter; size at the #3 and #4, who can score inside and outside; can run a half court set.

2) Tempo/Style of Play - Most would like the push, run and gun style for entertainment value but high scoring, often results in increase in points allowed.

Is Coach Smith getting the commitment from some of his players, at both ends of the floor....if not, can he win with some of them not playing. Now I'm going to be critical, I won't say who but I saw a player who didn't box out a FT shooter last night, in a crucial point of the game, which I'm going to assume was just due to laziness or not being mentally into the game. Those are the things, lack of basic fundamentals which drive me crazy.

We'll just blame it on the Wheaties....:thumb:

Without question, I think most of us fans, critics and Bluegrass Asst. Coaches, would all concur that two things, about UK Basketball which is not appealing.

1) Recruiting/Talent - why does it seem, other teams have Basketball players, whom can shoot from the perimeter; size at the #3 and #4, who can score inside and outside; can run a half court set.

2) Tempo/Style of Play - Most would like the push, run and gun style for entertainment value but high scoring, often results in increase in points allowed.

Is Coach Smith getting the commitment from some of his players, at both ends of the floor....if not, can he win with some of them not playing. Now I'm going to be critical, I won't say who but I saw a player who didn't box out a FT shooter last night, in a crucial point of the game, which I'm going to assume was just due to laziness or not being mentally into the game. Those are the things, lack of basic fundamentals which drive me crazy.

I couldn't agree more that Lack of fundamentals is what gets me. I swear for a period of about 2-3 years UK was unable to hit a Lay-up or a 2 foot jump shot.

I don't need to see a run and gun style just a little pick up in Tempo would be fine with me. It would be a different story if UK were actually running an offense when playing the 1/2 court game but standing around passing and dribbling isn't an offense.