Shohei Ohtani - Gambling Story

You all following this story at all? Something smells very fishy and feels like a cover up story.

They are saying something along the lines of Ohtani's Interpreter stole roughly 4 million dollars for Ohtani and lost it gambling.

Based on what was said during the game this morning on how much the interpreter would be needed in every day personal setting to set up accounts, get drivers license, etc.  It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the interpreter to come across & have knowledge/access to bank accounts.

I think what's throwing everyone off is Shohei saying he knew about it and okayed a couple wire transfers and later his people saying he knew nothing about it and the money was stolen.    Now it's possible he knew about a couple of payments but was unaware that additional money was being withdrawn.   This is going to be so interesting as it unfolds.    I'm sure Pete has his popcorn ready and will be doing a years worth of phone interviews in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 12:32 PM, DanvilleFan said:

I agree with others that this story stinks.  I have zero confidence in Rob Manfred to lead this investigation.

Put an advertisement on a uniform, add a couple teams to the playoffs, tell Shohei he's fine, call it a day!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

More that comes out about this the more outlandish it gets.   Ippei bamboozled everyone and completely took advantage of Shohei's trust.  Worse thing is, outside of potentially being out $16 million, is that if I'm Shohei, I'm not trusting anyone ever again.   Talk about having your faith in humanity completely destroyed.