Texas A&M 97 Kentucky 87 (SEC Quarterfinal)

44 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Two best weapons didn’t start the game, another slow start!!

And both were in the floor almost all of the last 12 minutes. UK down 4 and they didn't get it done. How many times did Sheppard get beat on drives to the basket? He MUST get better in man defense and stop getting beat on drives to the hoop.

Dillingham was better than Sheppard on defense last night. But Dillingham had 7 turnovers. Half the team's turnovers were by Dillingham. 

I am not sure UK can go with Dillingham and Sheppard on the floor together in the last 8 minutes of a close game.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

The infamous starting lineup set the tone for the game and it snowballed from there.

Nothing snowballed. The game was played in a close range all night. I do agree on the starting lineup getting behind being an obstacle. The problem last night was no lineup was able to outplay Texas AM.

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

And both were in the floor almost all of the last 12 minutes. UK down 4 and they didn't get it done. How many times did Sheppard get beat on drives to the basket? He MUST get better in man defense and stop getting beat on drives to the hoop.

Dillingham was better than Sheppard on defense last night. But Dillingham had 7 turnovers. Half the team's turnovers were by Dillingham. 

I am not sure UK can go with Dillingham and Sheppard on the floor together in the last 8 minutes of a close game.

They were both brutal. Sheppard was so bad it almost looked like he was intentionally funneling players to the rim. Unfortunately, Anthony Davis wasn’t protecting the paint.

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I thought Dillingham's turnovers were bad but I didn't realize he had 7. Goodness.

I don't know if it would've made a difference but with Big Z getting pushed under the basket so much and ineffective at blocking shots, I wouldve like to see Bradshaw maybe,.or just roll with Onyenso.

Being down and wanting a more offensive lineup, I get why it was Big Z, but didn't matter since they couldn't stop anytging.

• Like 1

A little late to the party. That game sucked. Bad defense, and what hurt even worse was this team turning the ball over. The Cats have been very good all year not turning it over, but yesterday to many guys were trying to make plays on their own and end up turning it over. Which led to points for Texas A&M. The defense already isn’t good, but you can’t add to it by also having a lot of turnovers that lead to points too. 

The really sad part is they probably at worst would have locked up a 3 seed with a win yesterday, and would have had an outside shot at a 2 seed if they made it to the finals tomorrow. Now they are probably looking at a 4 seed, with a slim chance of being a 3 seed still only because of all these teams get upset. 

Said it most of this year. This team very easily could make a deep run in this tournament, this team also very easily can lose the first game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Nothing snowballed. The game was played in a close range all night. I do agree on the starting lineup getting behind being an obstacle. The problem last night was no lineup was able to outplay Texas AM.

You let an inferior team believe and get off to a good start because of the 5 you start the game with.  Yes it snowballed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, All State Baseball said:

I know because Barnhardt is too inlove with Cal to get rid of him. I'm just as tired of the same ole blah blah blah that comes out of Cal's mouth and every year we're always sent home early, as the next person. We haven't won an SEC Championship in 6 years.

It’s been pretty well reported that Cal and Barnhardt don’t really get along, and have barely talked over the last couple of years. So I don’t think he is keeping him because he loves him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack of all Trades said:

You let an inferior team believe and get off to a good start because of the 5 you start the game with.  Yes it snowballed.

1 minute ago, Jack of all Trades said:

To be fair I think Texas A&M believed before the game even started. It’s hard not to believe, considering they had already beat UK earlier this year. 

• Like 1

It's bittersweet seeing A&M is dominating Florida.  On the one hand, I despise Florida and so am very happy they appear on their way to a loss.  But it bites knowing that Kentucky should probably have made the tournament final at least.

Just now, DragonFire said:

It's bittersweet seeing A&M is dominating Florida.  On the one hand, I despise Florida and so am very happy they appear on their way to a loss.  But it bites knowing that Kentucky should probably have made the tournament final at least.

I thought A&M would stink the place up today.  They're on a roll.  Will probably win the tournament and lose in the first round of the Dance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

I thought A&M would stink the place up today.  They're on a roll.  Will probably win the tournament and lose in the first round of the Dance.

Nobody is beating A&M in the first round, well coached and playing super hard.