Kentucky at Louisville Predictions/Updates

hrcarrier

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

The game for the Governor’s Cup is one week away. I believe that things will be absolutely rocking at L&N Stadium at and before game time next Saturday. Does Louisville come out flat after today’s big win, similarly to how they did against Pittsburgh after the win against Notre Dame or do they play to what they are capable of? Kentucky lost a rough one tonight against South Carolina, but I’m sure they will come to Louisville motivated. 

I believe Louisville wins on Saturday and that it’s going to be absolutely rocking like it was for the Notre Dame game, if not even more. Other thoughts?

Jeff Brohm is much more in tune with this rivalry than Satterfield was and with Kentucky winning the last several years, I think the Cards will be ready to play. Key for Louisville will be the play of Jack Plummer who just needs to not throw interceptions.

I ran a power rating on this game and it showed Louisville 8.7 pts better so I'll go with Cards by 7. I do think it's possible for Kentucky to win this game as they have had the Cards number lately but I like the Cards chances this year since the teams seem to be going in different directions.

• Like 1

Kentucky won’t have the mental advantage that they had the last four years, Brohm will make sure of that. He knows what this game means around here. 

UK hasn’t beaten a single team with a winning record. If Plummer doesn’t turn the ball over, Louisville wins.

• Like 2

I really would like to see the Cards win and set up a huge game in the ACC championship.  My head tells my UK wins and a lot has to do with level of play in the ACC vs the SEC.  I do agree if Plummer does not turn the ball over and plays well the Cards will win, but I am not overly confident in that.  

On 11/19/2023 at 12:04 PM, TheDeuce said:

Kentucky won’t have the mental advantage that they had the last four years, Brohm will make sure of that. He knows what this game means around here. 

UK hasn’t beaten a single team with a winning record. If Plummer doesn’t turn the ball over, Louisville wins.

Never a truer word spoken, Brohm knows he can go 1-11 as long as he wins the Governor's Cup. But we have all seen this year, I doubt he will go 1-11 ever at the Ville.

1 hour ago, Big East Zebra said:

Never a truer word spoken, Brohm knows he can go 1-11 as long as he wins the Governor's Cup. But we have all seen this year, I doubt he will go 1-11 ever at the Ville.

Well, that's certainly not true. I'd argue that would be the case with Stoops. 

Having said that, the last Louisville coach was completely oblivious to the seriousness of the rivalry, had zero fire, and UK bullied him and the team because of it. Even if Louisville had equal talent to UK (they didn't), those games were lost before they were ever played. 

• Like 2

On 11/20/2023 at 3:35 PM, Big East Zebra said:

No, that would never be the case. But it is still crazy to think they will be 11-1 if they beat Kentucky Saturday and it’s only Brohm’s first year. No one expected this and I truly believe they didn’t. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 4:37 PM, TheDeuce said:

Well, that's certainly not true. I'd argue that would be the case with Stoops. 

Having said that, the last Louisville coach was completely oblivious to the seriousness of the rivalry, had zero fire, and UK bullied him and the team because of it. Even if Louisville had equal talent to UK (they didn't), those games were lost before they were ever played. 

Pretty oblivious to most things and I agree he has zero fire.......about anything.

• Like 1

Pulling for the CATS like always but I don’t think this is a happy ending for UK. 

UofL is a more disciplined better coached football team that has gotten better every single week. UK is the other side of that coin currently. 

I’m afraid for UK to win the Dirty Birds will have to help (turnovers, penalties, unforced errors) the Cats. I just don’t see Brohm’s team playing that way. 

Go Cats!

• Like 2