Spencer County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

TilghmanPride

Spencer County at Paducah Tilghman   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2023 at 01:00 AM

Spencer County (7-5) | Tilghman (12-0)

The Bears will make the nearly 3 1/2 hour trip to Paducah having won 6 of their last 7 games. 

On offense, Spencer County is run dominant, averaging around 175 yards a game on the ground. They only average in the 60's through the air. They will have to rely on ball control for their offense to keep them in it. 

Tilghman gets it done through the air at over 313 yards a game while also picking up 151 ypg on the ground. 

Shout out to Shep Esper, PT kicker who moved into 2nd place for consecutive made extra points who is now 93 for his last 93. He only trails Will Harris from Boyle County who made 108 in a row. 

Coach Thompson's son, Avery picked up an offer from Kentucky this week as well as an 8th grader, so the future is looking to be in good hands for Big Blue. 

Can Spencer control the clock with the ground game or does PT's offense apply enough pressure to pull away in another one?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Golf2074 said:

If Tilghman takes care of business against Spencer County who would they play based on RPI?

In all likelihood, they’d be at Covington Catholic. If either Covington Catholic or Franklin County lost this week, then Paducah Tilghman would be at the Boyle County/Corbin winner. If somehow both Covington Catholic and Franklin County lost, Paducah Tilghman would host Johnson Central in what could only be described as a tragic crime against travel limitations. 

• Like 2

PT needs to take care of business tomorrow and I think they will.  Someone check me, but I think these are the three scenarios for next weekend.

-Scenario 1 - both Cov Cath and Franklin Co win. PT #4 at Cov Cath #1

-Scenario 2 - one of Cov Cath or Franklin Co loses.  PT #3 at the winner of Boyle/Corbin. 
-Scenario 3 - both Cov Cath and Franklin Co lose. PT #2 hosts #3 Johnson Central. 

Scenario 3 is obviously best although unlikely. Is Scenario 1 and a trip to Cov Cath better than playing the Boyle/Corbin winner?

44 minutes ago, D Wolf said:

Scenario 3 is obviously best although unlikely. Is Scenario 1 and a trip to Cov Cath better than playing the Boyle/Corbin winner?

Going to CovCath will be tough for anyone, but I think it is better than playing either Boyle or Corbin. 

• Like 3