Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

48 minutes ago, jeff jackson said:

It looks to me like you have OB Catholic having a cake walk to the title game with the other big 3 battling it out to get to Kroger Field. I do think LCA has the most talent of the other teams and should come out of it, but, certainly not a cake walk. If they do knock off Mayfield and Beechwood, it'd be the first time in forever that neither of those teams are in the finals. How long has it been since one or both of these teams were not in the title game?

2006 was the last year that neither one of these teams were playing in a state championship game.

• Like 1

Mayfield will not lay down for anyone.  Playing in the heart of Graves County at War Memorial is a tough venue.  That said I think LCA has a more high flying offense, Mayfield counters that with good speed across the field.  I think Mayfield slows the game down but can’t match offense to offense.  But, I think Mayfield gets a special teams/defensive TD or 2.  Mayfield scores late, goes for 2 and gets it.  Cards in a last minute upset 29-28.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brown said:

Mayfield will not lay down for anyone.  Playing in the heart of Graves County at War Memorial is a tough venue.  That said I think LCA has a more high flying offense, Mayfield counters that with good speed across the field.  I think Mayfield slows the game down but can’t match offense to offense.  But, I think Mayfield gets a special teams/defensive TD or 2.  Mayfield scores late, goes for 2 and gets it.  Cards in a last minute upset 29-28.

I like the way you think.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Brown said:

I know Mayfield has a good defense but after letting Murray score 20 points. I would be really impressed if they held LCA to only 28. Only one team has held LCA under 28 all season. LCA even scored 38 points against Boyle county…. I believe Mayfield will struggle more with LCA’s offense than they did with Tilghman’s

They gave up over 400 yards of offense to Murray, that is a little concerning. This will be a good game but I don’t think Mayfield will score as much as LCA. Starks vs Hensley is the story I think. Who will be more successful? I always root for the small town public school, just like West Canaan. Go Cards!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

I know Mayfield has a good defense but after letting Murray score 20 points. I would be really impressed if they held LCA to only 28. Only one team has held LCA under 28 all season. LCA even scored 38 points against Boyle county…. I believe Mayfield will struggle more with LCA’s offense than they did with Tilghman’s

I’m going to make a couple excuses, valid or not, they scored on a hook and lateral in the first quarter and scored on jump balls thrown to 6’6” WRs. While Murray definitely moved the ball and there’s no denying that, I still have hope because no other team has two weapons like that where a QB can just throw the ball up in the air and count on those two guys to go up and corral it like a rebound on the hardwood (both of those kids excel in basketball also).

24 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

I would agree that the winner of this game is going to put up 40+ points. I also think that Mayfield will have to play a turnover free game while needing to force at least one turnover themselves to have a chance in this one.

Watched the Murray game and I’ll say this. Yes Murray had some trick plays that worked. Hook and laterals a couple of times. Halfback pass. Etc. But if Mayfield doesn’t start wrapping folks up on tackles it will be a long night. Broken tackles are the reason for Murray’s early success. And unlike Murray LCA won’t have to rely on trick plays to get the win done. If Mayfields defense steps up they have a chance.

• Like 1

Playing at War Memorial is an advantage, no doubt. Just ask LCA last year. I was at their walkthrough that day and several coaches clearly were not worried about the game.  I don’t think that will be the case this time around. It’s a special place when you have only lost TWICE in the playoffs since 2004. 

Mayfield has to keep Hensley under 200.  If they do, I like their chances. Tall ask though. It should be a great match up! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MFNCCards said:

Watched the Murray game and I’ll say this. Yes Murray had some trick plays that worked. Hook and laterals a couple of times. Halfback pass. Etc. But if Mayfield doesn’t start wrapping folks up on tackles it will be a long night. Broken tackles are the reason for Murray’s early success. And unlike Murray LCA won’t have to rely on trick plays to get the win done. If Mayfields defense steps up they have a chance.

Welcome to BGP @MFNCCards!