Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/11/2023 at 11:22 AM, Toothpick said:

I love Cartwright and he has been everything one could ask for from a high school QB and I would not trade him for anyone.  That said, Boley is as good a high school QB  as there is.  

So why is he going to Kentucky?

7 hours ago, Brown said:

Mayfield will not lay down for anyone.  Playing in the heart of Graves County at War Memorial is a tough venue.  That said I think LCA has a more high flying offense, Mayfield counters that with good speed across the field.  I think Mayfield slows the game down but can’t match offense to offense.  But, I think Mayfield gets a special teams/defensive TD or 2.  Mayfield scores late, goes for 2 and gets it.  Cards in a last minute upset 29-28.

Mayfield struggled with the pass this week. I know Murray had some tall WR but LCA is way better then Murray. 

I'm rooting for the public school in Mayfield.  And ordinarily I would not pick against them playing at War Memorial Stadium in November.  However, I think they are a decided underdog this time.  First, LCA played their last season and the majority of their players know what kind of atmosphere that they are walking into, I don't think there will be near the intimidation factor that they encountered last season.  Second, looking at LCA's body of work:  They soundly defeated the number 1 and number 2 ranked teams in 1A, in Raceland(on the road) and Pikeville,  by a combined total of 79-34.  They also beat the number 1 and number 2 ranked teams in 3A in CAL (who they beat on the road), and Lexington Catholic.  They also beat the number 2 team in 5A, Bowling Green, in Bowling Green and scored 56 points in doing so.  Bowling Green didn't allow any other opponent to break 40 and only one other team to break 30.  Those wins are all very impressive.  However, they may have been at their most impressive in their one loss.  That 9 point loss on the road in Boyle County marks the only game that a team has come within 21 points of the Rebels, and the only time that they allowed more than 21 points all season.  This makes me think that the Eagles are just at a higher level than the other 2A teams this season.  Barring injury or bad weather, I just don't see Mayfield being able to pull this one off.  I hope they do.  However, I'll take LCA 38-24.  

• Like 6

On 11/12/2023 at 7:56 PM, Carl Spackler said:

I'm rooting for the public school in Mayfield.  And ordinarily I would not pick against them playing at War Memorial Stadium in November.  However, I think they are a decided underdog this time.  First, LCA played their last season and the majority of their players know what kind of atmosphere that they are walking into, I don't think there will be near the intimidation factor that they encountered last season.  Second, looking at LCA's body of work:  They soundly defeated the number 1 and number 2 ranked teams in 1A, in Raceland(on the road) and Pikeville,  by a combined total of 79-34.  They also beat the number 1 and number 2 ranked teams in 3A in CAL (who they beat on the road), and Lexington Catholic.  They also beat the number 2 team in 5A, Bowling Green, in Bowling Green and scored 56 points in doing so.  Bowling Green didn't allow any other opponent to break 40 and only one other team to break 30.  Those wins are all very impressive.  However, they may have been at their most impressive in their one loss.  That 9 point loss on the road in Boyle County marks the only game that a team has come within 21 points of the Rebels, and the only time that they allowed more than 21 points all season.  This makes me think that the Eagles are just at a higher level than the other 2A teams this season.  Barring injury or bad weather, I just don't see Mayfield being able to pull this one off.  I hope they do.  However, I'll take LCA 38-24.  

I’d like to counter by stating Raceland and Pikeville would get all they wanted against THE CARDS. 31-13 and 48-21 just isn't convincing me…😂 Only common denominator here is Graves County. BG beat them 51-3. Mayfield beat them 42-7 the first game of the season… Both LCA and MAYFIELD have losses to top teams in 4A.. and TILGHMAN IS THE MOST OVERLOOKED UNDERRATED TEAM IN THE STATE. Mayfield lost to Tilghman by 7. LCA lost to Boyle by 9…. I’ll take the Big Red. War Memorial is Dangerous.!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JO1911 said:

I’d like to counter by stating Raceland and Pikeville would get all they wanted against THE CARDS. 31-13 and 48-21 just isn't convincing me…😂 Only common denominator here is Graves County. BG beat them 51-3. Mayfield beat them 42-7 the first game of the season… Both LCA and MAYFIELD have losses to top teams in 4A.. and TILGHMAN IS THE MOST OVERLOOKED UNDERRATED TEAM IN THE STATE. Mayfield lost to Tilghman by 7. LCA lost to Boyle by 9…. I’ll take the Big Red. War Memorial is Dangerous.!

Not paying any attention to LCA's wins against the top 2 ranked teams in 3A as well?  And that win over the 2nd ranked team in 5A?  

29 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Not paying any attention to LCA's wins against the top 2 ranked teams in 3A as well?  And that win over the 2nd ranked team in 5A?  

They beat CAL BY 2 and an 8-4 Lex Cath team… by a touchdown 

24 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

3A isn’t as strong as the talk… and like I said the 5A team just beat Graves similarly to the same way Mayfield did 

31 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Gonna Be a LONG RIDE DOWN TO THE JACKSON PURCHASE AND BACK!!

7 minutes ago, JO1911 said:

3A isn’t as strong as the talk… and like I said the 5A team just beat Graves similarly to the same way Mayfield did 

CAL has 2 convincing wins over top 10 teams in 6A one of which spent a good chunk of the season in the top 5, and Lex Cath's 4 losses are all to teams who would all beat Mayfield. 3A might not be deep but their best 2 teams are still very good and are both around the same caliber if not better than Mayfield imo.  

1 minute ago, KP33 said:

CAL has 2 convincing wins over top 10 teams in 6A one of which spent a good chunk of the season in the top 5, and Lex Cath's 4 losses are all to teams who would handedly beat Mayfield. 3A might not be deep but their best 2 teams are still very good and are both around the same caliber if not better than Mayfield imo.  

Just a matter of time! Tik Toc

1 hour ago, JO1911 said:

You're using Bowling Green's game vs. Graves County to compare Mayfield to LCA?  That doesn't make any sense at all.  But if you want to compare it that way, you can't just look at the final score.  Bowling Green had a running clock on Graves County with 4:22 to go in the 2nd quarter.  Mayfield never did run the clock on Graves County and didn't pull their starters until into the 4th quarter.  

Then there's this:  The teams that Mayfield have defeated have a combined record of 37-55.  The teams that LCA has defeated have a combined record of 69-56 They have defeated 4 teams with at least 9 wins.  Mayfield has defeated 3 teams with a winning record.  

• Like 4