Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Man I’ve thought a lot about this game and I think I’m starting to swing my thoughts. This game means too much to Mayfield and they have some older 5th year and senior lead guys who I don’t think will let the opportunity slide. Basically no one comes in to War Memorial and gets a win in November. I think Mayfield wants to end this drought too bad and they are so well coached. Morris is gonna have a great plan and pull the Cards through.

Mayfield 38

LCA     35

• Like 3

Nobody is overlooking Hensley at all. I’m way more worried about the run game than Boley. The rain comment was a joke. I believe our secondary will do well tomorrow and I'd definitely take our speed against LCA receivers all day. Been there done that, we handled their passing game well last year. Obviously this is a new year but I dare say their passing schemes probably haven't changed that much. The Trenches is what concerns me. We are a small school we don’t produce the biggest lineman. Disruption and penetration will be key. Can we break up their blocking patterns and get in the backfield hit him early? It’s key. 

I might be in the minority here, and this is just my opinion, but to me this is the biggest game that will be played at War Memorial in the last 25+ years. I may be a prisoner of the moment but I feel like Mayfield fans want this win more than they have ever wanted one in my memory.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Astro Domino said:

I might be in the minority here, and this is just my opinion, but to me this is the biggest game that will be played at War Memorial in the last 25+ years. I may be a prisoner of the moment but I feel like Mayfield fans want this win more than they have ever wanted one in my memory.

To me the game feels on par with this game:

• Like 2

In the last 20 seasons Mayfield is 56-1 at home in the playoffs with their lone loss coming 3 years ago in a triple overtime upset to Murray. Just trying to keep the faith that this game can be won lol. Fun fact: Xavier Biggers, then a freshman starting cornerback at Murray broke up the pass on the final play of triple overtime to seal the game. He is now a senior at Mayfield.

1 minute ago, Astro Domino said:

In the last 20 seasons Mayfield is 56-1 at home in the playoffs with their lone loss coming 3 years ago in a triple overtime upset to Murray. Just trying to keep the faith that this game can be won lol.

Records are made to be broken.

Seriously, as a Beechwood fan, this is me tomorrow night watching Red Helmet Video:

Elf GIF - Holidayclassics Elf Excited GIFs

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sportsdad316 said:

I am not for sure if he runs up the middle, outside or what. And if that field is grass or turf, his cuts will be limited. It’s going to slow any back down. 

The guy can do it all. I would say overall he is a downhill runner with deceptive speed once he gets past the line of scrimmage. The guy does not fear contact. 

• Like 2

It's fun to see a game that has been talked about all year come to fruition.

LCA had one of the toughest regular season 2A schedules I have ever seen.  Even their lone loss, putting up 38 against Boyle County is impressive.  I'm sure they will be extra hungry knowing they had Mayfield on the ropes last year but couldn't hang on.

Mayfield has another very competitive team this year.  Lots of experience at the skill positions, younger and less experienced in the trenches.  I was encouraged last week by the ground game.  #24 Starks looked to be in top form.  If that can carry over to this week, Mayfield has a chance.  I don't think it will be a good sign if Mayfield has to throw the ball 20-30 times.  There are posters on here (and fans in general) that have complained about #2 Biggers not getting enough touches.  I never saw an issue with that.  They weren't playing anyone where it was necessary.  But this week, he needs more touches.  He is electric in open space, and I'm sure the coaching staff will have some things cooked up.

It's fun being a Mayfield fan.  In the hunt every year, and have a punchers chance in almost every game.  This game is gonna be ROWDY.  Everyone in the county is going to be there.  I'll be there screaming my head off for the red team.  GO MAYFIELD.

(Edit:  This is my 666th post.  Mark of the beast.  7 heads and 10 horns.  That means ITS ON FRIDAY NIGHT BABYYYYYYYYYYY)

Edited by BadaBing
  • Like 4