Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am guessing this is the post I made in that thread that you are referring to:

"Mayfield has added some key players as well. LCA is missing their top rusher and top 2 WR from last year's Mayfield loss. LCA may have gained Hensley but they lost top players also. Two of those LCA players from the Mayfield loss were also key defensive players for LCA, and LCA just gave up 52 points. 

Too many question marks for me to jump LCA ahead of Mayfield."

You think that post is a slight against Hensley?

That's just one. You can keep scrolling to page two and find where you told me I was "guessing" that he would be a huge difference maker and that would most certainly outgain their rushing total from this matchup last year. Also referenced that you were using real game facts and that I was not when he literally decimated the #1 team in 5A almost single handedly. The reality of making a prediction, is that everyone is guessing.

In conclusion, it's really not that deep and if you weren't pushing back on what I said, then I'm not above saying I was wrong. It happens. The point of my post today is to double down on how I felt about his addition, much like I did in that thread, that he will be the key difference maker in this matchup Friday night. I could be very much wrong. But on Saturday, November 11th, I am choosing to stand by it. 

Been waiting on this game since week 2 of regular season. LCA has taken down the #1 in every class they’ve played except 4A and played them better than anyone else I think LCA wins this game by a couple of scores. Too much Hensley wears down the Cardinals.. outside of PT the Cardinals haven’t played a team of this caliber all season.

LCA 38

Mayfield 28

This game has the makings of an instant-classic. 11-1 Lexington Christian Eagles make the four hour trip to Mayfield to take on the 10-1 Cardinals in the 2A quarterfinals. Led by Cutter Boley, Lexington Christian has averaged almost 400 yards of offense each game this season compared to 350 yards per game by Zane Cartwright and the Mayfield offense. Both defenses have been more successful shutting down opponents' rushing games this season, but the Cardinals have held opponents to fewer total yards per game (181) than the Eagles have (225).

There is nothing I have seen from Mayfield this year that makes me think they are going to win this game.  I like LCA to win by a couple of scores, if not more.  Maybe I will be eating some crow after this one but I do not think so. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

There is nothing I have seen from Mayfield this year that makes me think they are going to win this game.  I like LCA to win by a couple of scores, if not more.  Maybe I will be eating some crow after this one but I do not think so. 

You might be right. But LCA is not a great defensive team in my opinion. That gives me some hope. If we can get into a shootout and get a few stops at the right time, then I have some optimism. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

You might be right. But LCA is not a great defensive team in my opinion. That gives me some hope. If we can get into a shootout and get a few stops at the right time, then I have some optimism. 

snake, I hope I am wrong, I definitely want Mayfield to win the game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillNye said:

That's just one. You can keep scrolling to page two and find where you told me I was "guessing" that he would be a huge difference maker and that would most certainly outgain their rushing total from this matchup last year. Also referenced that you were using real game facts and that I was not when he literally decimated the #1 team in 5A almost single handedly. The reality of making a prediction, is that everyone is guessing.

In conclusion, it's really not that deep and if you weren't pushing back on what I said, then I'm not above saying I was wrong. It happens. The point of my post today is to double down on how I felt about his addition, much like I did in that thread, that he will be the key difference maker in this matchup Friday night. I could be very much wrong. But on Saturday, November 11th, I am choosing to stand by it. 

Take it how you choose. All my comments in that thread were about one game of stats and how to rank the teams based on one game. 

Let me be clear about any misperception there me be about my view on Brady Hensley. I have talked up Brady Hensley on here. I have said multiple times Brady should be Mr. Football. I think he is the difference maker for LCA and if they win 2A this year, he will be the reason why they win it. I don't think LCA can win the title without him. 

4 hours ago, BillNye said:

I was given major push back earlier this year about the addition of Brady Hensley being the difference in this match up come play off time. I'm going to stick to that and if I die on that hill, so be it. 

LCA by two scores.

What?! Somebody gave you pushback about the top qb in the state getting the top running back in the state?! In what world. It makes the world of difference.

• Like 2

This is a tough game to pick. Going in to War Memorial and getting a W is tough to do anytime, but especially Playoff time. 

LCA has some really really good players but Mayfield has some really good players as well. 

Both teams are extremely well coached. I just can’t see myself going against the Cardinals at War Memorial even though LCA is the more talented team. 

Mayfield- 42

LCA-40.

As far as predictions go, offense wins this game ironically. Both defenses will have to come to play for sure there’s no doubt about it, but the thing is that these are two very high powered offenses. You don’t really stop or contain them. You outscore them. I do however think our defense fairs better against their offense than their defense does against our offense.  I call shootout and the team with the ball last wins. 

PS- just got done watching highlights on hensley from the season. If mayfield doesn’t wrap up we are going to have a very peaceful and quiet Thanksgiving. Lol. The way he bounces off people and avoids tackles is criminal. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WarMemorialVet said:

As far as predictions go, offense wins this game ironically. Both defenses will have to come to play for sure there’s no doubt about it, but the thing is that these are two very high powered offenses. You don’t really stop or contain them. You outscore them. I do however think our defense fairs better against their offense than their defense does against our offense.  I call shootout and the team with the ball last wins. 

PS- just got done watching highlights on hensley from the season. If mayfield doesn’t wrap up we are going to have a very peaceful and quiet Thanksgiving. Lol. The way he bounces off people and avoids tackles is criminal. 

I just did the same thing. Impressive highlights. Also impressed with the guys up front for LCA. There were  maybe 10 highlights I saw of TD runs where the blockers created a hole big enough that Hensley never got touched. When he gets the opening, he has the speed to shoot through the hole and he is gone.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I just did the same thing. Impressive highlights. Also impressed with the guys up front for LCA. There were  maybe 10 highlights I saw of TD runs where the blockers created a hole big enough that Hensley never got touched. When he gets the opening, he has the speed to shoot through the hole and he is gone.

He is a dominate player. It's going to be nearly impossible to control Hensley and Boley. A two headed monster.

• Like 1

It looks to me like you have OB Catholic having a cake walk to the title game with the other big 3 battling it out to get to Kroger Field. I do think LCA has the most talent of the other teams and should come out of it, but, certainly not a cake walk. If they do knock off Mayfield and Beechwood, it'd be the first time in forever that neither of those teams are in the finals. How long has it been since one or both of these teams were not in the title game?