Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Scott

Featured Replies

14 hours ago, ProblemChild said:

I wouldn’t have a lot of faith in the hire at Scott.  Which hire in any sport at Scott has panned out in the last 3-5 years.  Girls hoop coach is only one I can think of.  

I have had 2 conversations with Scott employees, just since Thanksgiving, and both outlined how unserious and unmotivated AD Fisk is with his job. If that’s the case, forget getting or keeping a good coach, and winning. 

  • Replies 137
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Off topic a little but how many people who look or point at test scores have ever even seen the test? Like others have said there also a lot of other factors that go into testing.    I believe

  • gbballfan21
    gbballfan21

    He would also be a good hire at Conner, Trinity, Cincinnati St. X, Colerain, Little Sisters of the poor ... or any other school if he decided that he ever wanted to be a head coach again. No offense t

  • Scott has made 3 region finals since 2015. Take away this year and the COVID year, I'd say this has been the best 10-year run Scott has ever had. Granted, they've played in a weak district and were on

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TheConch said:

I have had 2 conversations with Scott employees, just since Thanksgiving, and both outlined how unserious and unmotivated AD Fisk is with his job. If that’s the case, forget getting or keeping a good coach, and winning. 

Maybe because he wants the job......

1 hour ago, Luke Warmwater said:

Maybe because he wants the job......

He had it once before and willingly gave it up. I don't think he's interested.

1 hour ago, Pi said:

He had it once before and willingly gave it up. I don't think he's interested.

The talent pool was quite different then. I'm purely speculating at this point. 

I would think Joe Wynn would apply.  When he took the Mason County job, it was reported that he and his family were looking forward to moving to the area but for some reason it never happened.  Mason County is a good job with lots of support but an hour drive each way on the AA would have to get pretty old, especially with young children at home.

10 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Interviewing yet?

I would have to assume. Scott Athletics stopped posting the announcement and application process graphic, which leads me to believe they are no longer accepting resumes. 

I have not heard a single thing on this job this time around. 

 

2 hours ago, Royals and Saints Fan said:

I would think Joe Wynn would apply.  When he took the Mason County job, it was reported that he and his family were looking forward to moving to the area but for some reason it never happened.  Mason County is a good job with lots of support but an hour drive each way on the AA would have to get pretty old, especially with young children at home.

Totally agree. Then again, why leave MC where you’re being relatively successful for a place that supposedly has zero support from your AD. 

On 12/9/2023 at 1:05 PM, TheConch said:

I have had 2 conversations with Scott employees, just since Thanksgiving, and both outlined how unserious and unmotivated AD Fisk is with his job. If that’s the case, forget getting or keeping a good coach, and winning. 

He definitely takes his job serious. He loves the school and the athletics there. They will hopefully find the right coach for the job that will put the time in to be successful there. 

If the above is true and the other above is true, which one is factual? How does one hear he’s unmotivated and one says the opposite? They need to get a coach soon. 

2 hours ago, Breds82 said:

If the above is true and the other above is true, which one is factual? How does one hear he’s unmotivated and one says the opposite? They need to get a coach soon. 

No interviews and nobody hired yet. Tells the story of that one.

Speculating. But, I would assume one of the reasons there haven't been interviews is because it's not clear what teaching openings there will be. In a school that takes athletics seriously, that's not a concern. But in a school where athletics (specifically football) is an afterthought by the higher ups? Makes sense.

 

Also. The other side of the coin, just because no one knows interviews have taken place doesn't mean they haven't. Discretion isn't impossible.

3 hours ago, Pi said:

Speculating. But, I would assume one of the reasons there haven't been interviews is because it's not clear what teaching openings there will be. In a school that takes athletics seriously, that's not a concern. But in a school where athletics (specifically football) is an afterthought by the higher ups? Makes sense.

 

Also. The other side of the coin, just because no one knows interviews have taken place doesn't mean they haven't. Discretion isn't impossible.

Based on past history, I would agree that teaching openings will be part of the puzzle. Also, based on past history, I wouldn't think this job would get filled until after Christmas. They've got experienced assistants on staff who have been running weights/off season workouts for many years. So the kids will be putting in good work/time this off season.

I also don't believe for one second that Casey Fisk is unmotivated and just going through the motions. I know for a fact that he takes his job seriously. I also know that information as to who's applied, who's interviewed etc, will be kept very private and very little information, if any will be out there regarding the process. But I'm confident there is work being done.

 

 

I think this could be an interesting job. Right now it’s brutal being in 5A but if there’s a chance they could eventually move back down to 4A this could be a good fit for someone. 

4 minutes ago, BigTuna6 said:

I think this could be an interesting job. Right now it’s brutal being in 5A but if there’s a chance they could eventually move back down to 4A this could be a good fit for someone. 

Do you or anyone have any idea on the numbers?

5A is a non-starter for Scott, and 4A if CCH is still in 4A, isn't very promising either.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.